Life - Tania

I am Tania, 16 years old, and that's my story. I was never quite normal. I can remember myself in primary school telling a classmate of mine that his mother was going to have a baby soon, and just the next day he would tell me that his mum was pregnat. Or knowing just how many years old (or even months, or days) a puppy is. Whenever I had a pet or a plant it would live for far more years than it should. I was not a psychic, I knew that. I was just... Special. Once things got really extreme I was scared. But then I found out who I really am.

I left my brother and headed to class. I bombed into Casper; which was kind of like bombing into a mountain, as he was really big in front of me. "Oops, sorry" I said and smiled; I knew he had a really bad relationship with my brother, but I never seek trouble. He looked at me with a confused/disgusted look. "How are you always so... Smily and energetic and calm and..." he started saying and I laughed slightly. "How can you be always so fairy-like?" he asked quickly, like deleting what he said before. I moved my shoulders like saying 'I don't know' or 'whatever' and left.
I totally hated geography and it was the only lesson I didn't like. But, saddly, I was taking a geography test just in some minutes. I had already taken my books from my locker and was waiting outside of class. Mr Hendrick (a casual teacher that's wearing the same jeans and pretty much the same shirt in different colors every day) didn't take a long time to come. We got into class and prayed to God to write something better than F.
Not even 10 minutes later the wind got so strong it broke the windows. Sudeenly glasses filled the entire classroom with such intense that we took a moment to realize. Some children were seriously injured. Mr Hendrick and the students at the first line of desks (including me) were not hurt. After a moment we got up and ran to see if anyone was bleeding, at least too much. There was so much panic and anxiety that I thougnt I would have an attack. There was blood on the floor. Someone had fallen on the ground. Some were crying from pain. I knew it was not normal. The wind broke the window. That was impossible... That was... Abnormal. I felt lost. Something was happening. Something strange. Something impossible. Something almost magic.
"Tania!" I heard someone shouting my name and I woke up. Everyone had surrounded something, probably someone. I got closer and looked. It was Melody. She was really injured; she was bleeding a lot. It started raining and this did not help, as I was a class full of glasses and blood. Water would just make it worse. She was looking at me. Mr Hendrick was clalling an abulance as I was trying to understand if Melody was trying to tell me something. She looked confused. She was bleeding unbelievably much. Her heartbeat started slowing down. Her mouth was open, her blue eyes wide open and her hair had turned from white to red in some places. She tried to move her lips. I was paying attention to every move of hers, though they weren't many. Her eyes seemed like she would faint. I was scared and held her hand tighter. I couldn't believe what was happening. Melody was literally ready to die. What happened the past 3 minutes war terrifying. I pulled her head closer to mine to hear what she was trying to say, but she couldn't speak. I could feel her beat slowing more and more down. She closed her eyes and the sound of her heart disappeared. I didn't know what I was doing, but I breathed into her. I breathed inside her nose deeply. I didn't know why. It was just my instinct. Like I had to do this. Like I could actually save a life by just breating.
And then she woke up. She opened her eyes and sat up on the floor, taking everyone's breath away. And I got scared. I got frightened. Cause something inside me wanted me to give her a little of my breath to save her. And here she was, in perfect condition. Even if I had heard her heart stopping. I walked away with my eyes locked on hers. I wasn't able to hear anything at the moment. I just kept on looking at her frightened look, and she kept on looking at the terrified mine.

I was scared. I was sure that something was happening. I saved that girl. And that girl knew it. Cause she saw the strange inside of me. She recognised it. She recognised it cause she had it too. And she was not the only one.