|no quarter 1|

The next morning, a bunch of corpses lay on the ground. Elijah sits on the ground too and has a corpse of a prison guard on his lap. All of the originals, besides Freya, have blood on their clothes and mouth. Hayley and Elora stand to the side, Elora leaning on the truck. There is a loud screaming from the woods where Kol is still feeding.

"Good lord, that one has some lungs on him. He should've been an opera singer. Might've ended better for him, actually," Rebekah comments.

Freya groans slightly and opens her eyes, stopping her chanting for a quick minute to say, "Is this absolutely necessary?"

Rebekah smiles at her sarcastically, "That depends. Do you want us at our full strength, or do you plan on rescuing Nik on your own?"

Freya rolls her eyes, "Well, death rattles are distracting, and I'm trying to break a cloaking spell."

Elijah takes out a handkerchief and wipes his mouth, "Kol, would you please?"

The screaming stops.

Elijah closes his eyes in relief, "Thank you. You were saying?"

Freya sighs, "I can sense. Klaus is still in New Orleans. Most likely somewhere underground. I can't get a read on exactly where, unless I'm in the city itself."

Kol emerges from the woods and joins the others. Elora's eyes snap over to him and she looks down at the blood on his shirt, a little disgusted by it.

Hayley shakes her head, "Yeah. That's gonna be a problem. We have contacts in New Orleans. As you can imagine, the place is crawling with vampires, all of whom hate all of us. Whatever we do, we need to do it fast."

Freya rolls her eyes and gets up, "Well, I wasn't planning on a pub crawl. I don't want to stay any longer than we have to. But we need to go."

Is this normally how they talked to each other?

Finally, Kol spoke up, "Whoa. Wait... Wait, we're not doing this today?"

Rebekah turns to look at him, "Hasn't Nik suffered enough?"

"Yes. And I've died. Twice. I'm not about to give Marcel a shot at a third. Now, I say, we draw that Muppet out of town. And when he's gone..." Kol trials off and Elora rolls her eyes at how selfish he is.

"Hayley has been away from her daughter long enough. If you're afraid-" Elora gets cut off.

"It's called being sensible, Love. Until Freya can make enough cure with her werewolf hostage, Marcel can basically chew through our bloody throats," he glares at her.

Elijah suddenly gets up, silencing his younger sibling as well as Elora, "Enough. We're all in danger. We free Niklaus today. Even if I have to burn that city to the ground."

——

"Why do we have to ride in a different car? Why can't I just go with you?" Elora whines like a twelve-year-old from the passenger seat beside Kol.

Hayley sighs, "We can't be too obvious. And Freya and Rebekah refuse to sit with Kol because they said that they've had enough of him for the past seven years and Elijah needs to discuss a few things with Freya and me about the cure."

Kol rolls his eyes before smirking, his hands coming up to grab the steering wheel, "I'm not that bad, love."

Elora scoffs, "Whatever."

——

"Why'd you save us?" Kol randomly asks.

Elora looks up from her phone and gives him a questioning glance.

"Why'd you help the wolf save us? Why did you risk your life to help my family? What's in it for you?" He glances at her from the corner of his eyes as she gives him a teasing look.

"I don't know," she says, "Hayley promised me a trip to Bali, so I've definitely got that going for me."

Kol chuckles, "I'm sure, but I'm serious. Why would you risk your life for people you barely knew?"

Elora turns to him and notices the confusion written on his face. She shakes her head with a small smile.

This boy really did not know how to be good.

"Just because I don't know you doesn't mean that my life is worth more than yours," she shrugs, "Besides, Hayley didn't know me and she took me in. I owe her my life."

"Why exactly did she take you in?" He questions and turns the wheel abruptly. Elora hits her car door because of the sudden movement and glares at him.

"No answer?" Kol asks, the car coming to a stop. Elora looks at the car in front of her and watches as Freya, Elijah and Hayley start piling out. She grabs the car door handle before turning to look at Kol.

"Can't think of any reason why it would be any of your business Kol."