|haunter of ruins|

It's the morning after their first night home. Elora sighs in relief, hearing the chatter come from around the house. 

Finally, everything in Hayley's life was back to somewhat normal-- whatever normal was to her. 

She lifts herself off her bed, doing her morning necessities before making her way to Hope's room. She opens the door to see the toddler finally awake and laying in her bed with her eyes staring up at the ceiling. 

"Hey," Elora smiles, glad to finally see Hope again. When they had arrived last night, she was still sleeping. 

"Elora!" Hope whispers back, and Elora cocks her head to a side in confusion. 

Why was she whispering?

Elora walks over to Hope's bed, who sits up in response. 

"You okay, bunny?" Elora asks, lifting the girl onto her lap. Hope shakes her head, hiding her face in Elora's neck.

"I heard voices," Hope explains, "They're here aren't they?" 

Elora giggles slightly. Hope was just nervous to meet her dad. She nods, patting the girl on her back. 

"They are," she says, "You want to get ready and meet them?" 

Ever so slightly, she feels Hope nod. 

After helping Hope shower and brush her teeth, Elora grabs Hope's hand  and they head towards the front porch where the rest of the adults seem to be. As she nears the front door, their voices get louder and she is able to hear what they are talking about. 

"-And I'm not asking!" 

Elora winces slightly at the sound of Klaus' voice as she finally brings the girl out with her. 

"Everybody, look who's awake," she interrupts them, and suddenly every eye turns towards them. The adults walk in a little closer to get a better look at Hope while Hayley and Elora exchange looks of worry. They were scaring Hope a little. 

Hope looks carefully at all of them before letting out a timid, "Hello."

Klaus, in an almost awe like state, replies to her -- "Hello."

Nothing is said for another second, and Hope tugs on Elora's hand. 

"Elora," she whispers, "can I go play in the garden?"

Elora smiles down at her, "Yeah, sure." 

Klaus watches as the girl scurries away, turning to make eye contact with Hayley as she leaves. 

----

A few hours later, Elora is sitting in a room with Kol, Freya and Hayley. Kol and Freya eye the girl sitting in front of them as Hayley explains the situation.

"So she touches something and it dies," Kol claims incredulously, "That is not normal for a witch."

"No, it is not brother," Freya agrees and turns to Hayley, "This is unusual. I have never heard of anything like this before." 

"It might just be a burst of energy she gets from strong emotions of a troubled past," Kol guesses and leans forward to grab his glass of bourbon, "Either way, I say we keep her powers repressed so we don't die."

Elora gives him a look of disgust before turning to Freya, "Look, the witch who suppressed my powers said it would not last forever. I don't want things to turn to ashes at my touch, Freya. Hayley said you could help me- please."

Freya shifts uncomfortably in her chair before standing up. 

"I'm afraid I don't even know what I am helping out with. Is there anything you can tell me about your past? Your parents?"