one || real life

april 12th 2016
__________

"got it," tom chuckled, shoving his hands in his pockets, as he rocked back and forth on his heels. he was on a break from the first ragnarok table read, and finally getting the chance to meet his new personal assistant. they stood there quietly for a few moments before lainey pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket. she unfolded it and flattened it out before holding it towards him.

"on there, you'll find my phone numbers, both work and personal, my email addresses and anything else you'll need to know," she smiled as he took it from her, scanning it briefly before looking up to meet her gaze. "i'm here to help you with whatever, whenever,"

he let out a small chuckle before smiling at her. "i ought to be heading back in," he nod towards the door down the hall. "but, i'll send you a text when we're done, and we can get lunch. i want to get to know you,"

she smiled and nod at him before he jogged off, leaving her stood, blushing.

lainey spent the following three hours, sat in the building coffee shop, typing away on her laptop. she was surprised at how little she had to do. she had been tom's assistant for almost a week, but that day had been the first time they'd gotten a chance to meet, due to travelling.

she was finishing an email, when her phone buzzed from beside her, a text from tom appearing on the screen. she quickly packed her stuff back into her bag before heading to where he'd told her he was waiting. she exited the coffee shop and made her way down two staircases before she saw him. he was stood against the wall, his arms crossed, as he watched everybody file out of the building.

"there you are,"

"here i am," she chuckled.

she called for his car, before they made their way to a restaurant he had recommended. once they had been seated, and ordered, tom began to ask her questions.

"where are you from?" he asked, taking a sip from the glass of water in his hand.

"born in england, raised in australia, hence the accent," she chuckled, playing with her hair as she spoke. "now i live in london, although i'm not there too often,"

"you live there too right?"

he nod. "born and raised," he placed his glass back down and leant back in his chair, crossing his arms. the two of them continued talking for the following hour, before tom had to head off to his second appointment of the day.

"i'm going to be around the city for the rest of the week, if and when you should need me," she smiled as they walked towards his car.

"okay," he responded, turning to face her. "well, it was great to meet you, and i look forward to working with you,"

lainey spent the rest of her day wandering around la and working, before making her way back to torrance's house. she was staying with him and his wife whilst she was in la, as she always did.

she closed the front door behind herself before making her way to the kitchen, placing her things on the kitchen island. she then made her way to the fridge and pulled out a water. when she turned back around, he was stood, his arms crossed, watching her.

"how was your first day?"

"great," she responded, taking a swig of the water before placing the bottle down so she could tie her hair up. "he is possibly one of the kindest people i've met. definitely the kindest person i've worked for,"

"well, i'm glad," he yawned. "alyssa and i are heading out for dinner soon, you coming?"

she shook her head. "i'm still full from lunch," he nod at her before heading back in the direction he'd come from, to finish getting ready. she lingered there for a few moments before making her way to her room to change and take a break, whilst her inbox was empty.

the worst, and at times the best, part of her job was all the people she got to talk to. it kept her busy when she was homesick, or having a rough day, but it also kept her busy when she was stressed, and had a million and one other things to achieve. her job was highly demanding, and it was the reason she loved it so much.

she dropped her things in a heap on the bed, before kicking off her shoes, and falling onto it beside them. she had been laying there for almost half an hour, undisturbed and on the verge of sleep, when her phone rang loudly from her bag. she sighed and sat up, answering quickly.

"this is elaine chase,"

__________