eighteen || real life + instagram

february 9th 2017
february 10th 2017
__________

"happy birthday!" lainey sung as she wrapped her arms around tom. he held onto her tight as she squeezed him, eventually pulling apart. "do you have anything fun planned?"

the pair of them sat down at the table, tom rolling the sleeves of his sweater up, as he shook his head. "not until sunday," he chuckled. "but i'm okay with it, i've been so busy the past month, lunch with you is all i need!"

"i'm flattered," lainey blushed before reaching down to her bag, pulling the present she'd bought for him out of the bag. she pushed it across the table towards him, smiling when he began to frown.

"you didn't have to," he mumbled, beginning to unwrap the box. she shrugged and watched him, eager to see his expression as he opened the gift. "oh my god!"

he laughed at the gift in the box, looking up to thank lainey, before tucking it securely into his backpack.

"okay, so i know it's your birthday," lainey sighed, lifting her notebook out of her bag. "but we have one small thing to discuss,"
__________

lainey let out a yelp as tom shoved her, lightly, causing her to stumble. she regained her balance, and brushed herself off before shoving him with double the force. the two of them continued for a few moments, before they were both in fits of laughter, and out of breath. "my place is just around the corner from here," lainey puffed, as they stopped walking.

"do you want to hang out there for a little bit?"

"i don't see why not," tom smiled.

once at her apartment, lainey took their jackets and hung them on the rack, whilst tom looked around.

"drink?" lainey asked, walking past him and towards the kitchen.

"just a tea, please," he responded, walking through her living room, admiring the pictures that were spread around.

he was browsing her book collection, when he felt something brush against his leg. he looked down to see lainey's cat looking back up at him. he smiled and knelt down, stroking him softly as he purred.

lainey made her way back into the living room, stopping when she saw tom stood by the window, cradling her cat like a baby. she quietly placed the mugs on her coffee table before crossing her arms.

"dogs are the superior animals, right?" she smirked as he turned to look at her.

"not always," he mumbled, placing the cat on the couch, making his way over to collect his cup of tea.

lainey rolled her eyes before sitting on the couch, tom following her actions.

the two of them talked quietly for a while, before putting the tv on, selecting a film that was halfway finished. neither of them were interested at first, only putting it on for background noise, but by the end of the movie tom was completely involved.

"that, was a great movie," tom mumbled sleepily, turning to look at lainey, who had fallen asleep while resting her head on his shoulder.

he smiled, trying to decide how he should move her, so as not to wake her. he spent so long thinking about it, he fell asleep.

lainey was woken the next morning, by her cat brushing itself against her head. she groaned and tried to move, only to realise tom had his arms wrapped firmly around her. she blushed, tapping him to wake him.

"hm?" he mumbled quietly.

"i need to get up," lainey responded, the blush on her cheeks growing stronger. tom's eyes opened, quickly letting go as he realised what was happening.

lainey slowly sat up, picking up the coffee mugs as she made her way to the kitchen. "how did the movie end?"

"uh.." tom paused, still trying to wake up. "the guy.. he woke up and saved everyone,"

"just like i predicted," lainey chuckled, appearing at the doorway. "do you need a drink?"

"water would be great," he smiled, his mouth dry.

he ran his hands over his face as she dissapeared once more, trying to figure out how he had fallen asleep, and more importantly how they'd ended in that position.
__________

laineychase: i can't quite remember when or where this was, but it makes me laugh

laineychase: i can't quite remember when or where this was, but it makes me laugh. happy birthday!
tagged; twhiddleston
17,973 likes | 2,120 comments
__________

 happy birthday!tagged; twhiddleston17,973 likes | 2,120 comments__________