sixteen || real life

november 5th 2016
__________

lainey tried not to swing the plastic bag in her hand, as she walked down the street towards tom's house. she lifted the strap of her handbag over her shoulder for the umpteenth time as she arrived at the top of his street. she walked quickly to his gate, eager to get out of the wind.

she knocked on the door and waited patiently until it opened, tom smiling as he saw her stood on his doorstep. "what are you doing here?" he asked, moving aside so she could enter. she held up the bag in her hand, a smile on her face.

"i figured just because we can't go to the ragnarok wrap party, doesn't mean it can't come to us!"

she made her way to his kitchen, as he followed, placing the bags on the counter so she could pull her coat off. he took it from her and disappeared to hang it up as she unloaded the bags. she pulled out the alcohol and everything else, scrunching up the bag and placing it to the side.

"toothpaste?" tom asked, re-entering the room.

"oh, no!" lainey chuckled, picking it up to shove it into her handbag. "this is mine,"

tom shook his head and laughed, crossing the kitchen to find wine glasses.

"shall we?"
__________

"with all due respect," tom laughed, interrupting lainey mid-sentence, placing his bottle on the coffee table. "you are without a doubt, incredibly wrong,"

"nope!" lainey smiled, taking a sip from her drink.

"yes! dogs are one hundred times better than cats!" he exclaimed, running his hands through his hair.

though they didn't realise, it was the fourth time that evening, they had argued over which animal was more superior.

"you're wrong," she shrugged. "but i'll let you off this time,"

tom sighed and picked up his bottle once more, holding it to his chest as he leant back on the couch, the two of them staring up at the ceiling.

"i don't have anything planned for tomorrow, do i?" tom asked quietly, realising he had never considered the fact he could have something early in the morning.

"nope," lainey responded. "i did consider the fact before i came over,"
__________

"i should be getting home," lainey grumbled, stretching her arms out as she stood up. around four in the morning, the pair of them had completely passed out on tom's couch,
sleeping until midday. they both had horrific hangovers, but neither of them regret their evening.

"let me know when you get home," tom yawned," reluctantly standing from his comfortable position on the couch.

she nod, walking to the kitchen to collect her bag, before getting her coat.

"thank you for last night," tom smiled as they both stood by his front door. "you didn't have to do what you did, but i greatly appreciate it,"

"you deserved it," she responded, patting him lightly on the chest. "you worked as hard as any of the others, you deserve to be celebrated!"

he blushed slightly as she pressed a soft kiss to his cheek.

"i'll see you tomorrow afternoon,"
__________

"i'll see you tomorrow afternoon,"__________