thirty || epilogue

november 3rd 2017
__________

lainey sat there quietly as she tried to process what tom had said.

'i.. i don't understand,'
'what happened?'

'i'd much rather do this
in person,'
'can i come over?'

lainey remained quiet for a few moments before she uttered a response.

'of course,'

'i'll see you soon,'

and with that he hung up, leaving her to think. she knew there must have been a reason for him suddenly wanting to get rid of her, she just couldn't figure it out.

she sat there, thinking about everything she'd done in the past month and a half that would make him want a new assistant. was it because she ordered his lunch wrong that one time? because she told him that chris hemsworth would beat him in a fight? although that was a given.

she remained there, going over a hundred and one different scenarios for the following half an hour, until there was a knock on her door.

she climbed off of the couch and made her way over, unlocking it before pulling it open. tom was stood before her, glasses on his face, paired with a smile.

she frowned, stepping aside for him walk past before closing the door behind him. she stood with her head rest against it before turning to look at him. "was it something i did?"

"hm?" he responded, dropping his jacket onto the back of the couch.

"well, you want to get rid of me as your assistant, so i figured it was because i did something wrong," she murmured, running her hand through her hair.

"oh!" he exclaimed, the grin on his face reappearing. "not at all!"

lainey let out an exasperated sigh. "you've lost me,"

he chuckled, moving towards her, holding her hands tightly in his own. "i wanted to ask if you would be my girlfriend,"

"and you figured the best way to do so was to fire me?" she asked, amused.

"well," he sighed. "i figured that you couldn't be my girlfriend and assistant,"

"and i'd rather have you as my girlfriend,"

lainey smiled, blushing. "so you'd rather me be off around the world as someone else's assistant?"

"because i'd very much like to see you for more than a few days a year,"

it was tom's turn to blush. he hadn't even considered the fact that if she weren't his assistant, she'd be someone else's.

"you make a good point, miss chase,"

"does this mean i still have my job?" she mumbled, hands moving to his chest as he held her waist.

he nod his head before pressing a soft kiss to her lips. she smiled into the kiss, her hands making their way to the nape of his neck.

"you're a dork," she chuckled, pulling away.

"and you're the best girlfriend-assistant a man could ask for,"

he pressed another kiss to her lips before they pulled apart. "are you staying?" she asked, shuffling towards the kitchen as he watched her, a fond smile playing upon his lips.

"if that's okay with you?"

"of course,"

__________

a/n;
that's it !
for a week or so... ;~)

keep your eyes peeled