Chapter 3

Dena knew Max came from money, the moment she knew the Mercedes she's driving was his. As she followed the car's GPS instruction, her eye's wandered to the posh houses along the road.

"I take it we're from different neighborhoods then," Max said as he saw the surprised look on Dena's face, as they pass some of the bigger houses on Dime street.

"Yup, very different neighborhoods."

"We're here," Max said at the same time the GPS lady voice said she'd arrived at their destination. Well about time she thought as she looked at the black huge gate before them.

"Will it kill you if you ask for help," Dena said as Max grunted and tried to get out of the car.

Unbuckling her seat belt she got out and help Max to the gate. "Why not get a security guard," Dena said as Max pressed some buttons on the gate.

"Too crowded," he mumbled.

Driving in, Dena couldn't help but feel intimated by Max's home, parking the car, she grabbed her bag from the back seat before helping Max to the front door.

"Please don't tell me, you live alone like those millionaire's from the love story books down at the bookstore," Dena said as she and Max walk through the very quite house, the only noise she could hear was Max's heavy breathing and her voice.

Sitting on the couch, Max begun removing his shirt. "Open that second drawer, a phone should be in there."

Opening the drawer Dena took out the iPhone in the drawer and handed it to him. As Max talked to the person he called, Dena's eye's wandered around the house, a painting of wine bottles is hanging on one side of the wall, a flat screen TV set is on the other side of the living room on the wall, a painting of a girl dancing is above the fire place, looking behind her she saw a string of light blubs hanging from the ceiling making the house foyer make a bold statement, how she missed that when they came in she had no idea.

"You need ice on those brusies," she said once Max ended his call.

Opening one of the kitchen cabinets, Max took out a bottle of pills.

"It's just painkillers, chill out," he said as Dena stared at him. Grabbing the ice bags from the kitchen counter, Dena placed one in his hand and one to his stomach.

Just as she was about to ask Max about the nurse he mentioned during his phone call, the front door was heard been slammed hard and a man's voice is heard calling Max's name with a string of cusses along with it.

"For fuck's sake, you missed the meeting to be with one of your hoe's," the man in the black suite said angrily as his eye's landed on Max then Dena.

"Dick head," Max said.

"All your sorry ass had to do was show up, that's all," the man said angrily before he run his hand through his hair after letting out a frustrated sign.

Dena looked at the other man with anger for calling her a hoe, but then the realization of the possible concept, of the other man being Max's twin had her brains distracted from the hoe word. Both men were the spitting image of each other except for their skin colour, Max has light brown skin while the other man has Caucasian skin colour.

For the second time Dena was just about to call out the man for calling her a hoe when a red hair girl wearing short blue jeans and a black baggy T-shirt with the number eighty-five on it came running into the kitchen.

"Give your brother a break Carlos, he just got beaten up," the girl shouted at the man wearing the suit.

So dickhead's name is Carlos Dena thought as the red hair girl opened a drawer in the kitchen and pulled out a daffle bag.

"Help him to the couch, I don't like the way he's holding his stomach," the girl said.

Removing his coat and placing it on the chair, Carlos helped his brother to the couch.

Hearing her phone ring, Dena picked her bag off the floor and started looking for the phone. Seeing Tim's name on the screen she moved a little further from them to answer the call.

"Where the hell are you, Mary said Joe got back like three hours ago, are you okay," Tim said.

"Yeah, I'm fine, something came up."

"Are you doing something nasty," Tim wisphered from the other end of the line.

"What, no, Tim, that's disgusting," Dena said rather loudly causing the others to look at her.

"Bye Tim," she said while smiling at the three other people in the room.

"Max buddy, I'm gonna go now and it was nice meeting you two," Dena said after ending Tim's call.

"Wait, Carlos will drop you off," Max said as Dena begun walking towards the door.

From the look on Max face, Dena knew her protesting his offer is hopeless so she just smiled at him. After a starring contest between the two brothers for a few seconds, Carlos let's out a grant before walking towards the front door.

"Chop, chop woman, I haven't got all day," Carlos said.

Fighting the urge to knock Carlos's head over, Dena just gripped her bag and followed the dickhead out, not her words, it was his brother's.

Once Dena got into Carlos Ashton Martin front seat, the air of authority and intimidation is felt oozing from the male species beside her. As Carlos drove out the black gate, the thought of Mary having her head for not calling her had her rubbing her temple.

Happy Reading ;)