Chapter 8

I'm a fifth harmony fan- (confession :)

"They're coming up the driveway," Carlos said as he looked at his sister's frightened expression.

From the calm and collected expression on the Lexington brothers face, one wouldn't know the fear and anger that had gripped them when Rachel or Chel as they usually call her, called them up and told them their only nephew Jordan was lost at the park under her ex-husbands care. A look of understanding passed between the two brothers, before they followed after their sister's almost running figure to the front door.

As the SUV's came to a stop in front of the mansion, Carlos was surprised to see Dena step out, with little Jordan in her arms followed by a man who looked a bit younger than she was. By the protective stand he did beside Dena, he assumed they must be related or have a pretty close relationship.

"Oh darling you nearly gave me a heart attack," Rachel said as she took Jordan from Dena and held him like there's no tomorrow.

"I see the female Hercules once again came to the rescue," Max said as he came closer to Dena and stretched out his hand for a handshake.

He must be the charming brother of the two, Dena thought as she returned Max's one side grin.

"I hope you didn't give Dan a hard time," Max said as he nodded his head toward his bodyguard head officer.

"They did give us hell of a time," Tim said before Dena could reply, a reflexed action had her smacking Tim in the chest.

From the corner of her eye, Dena could see Carlos talking to Dan the head of security before he quickly followed his sister.

"Excuse my siblings, little Jordan's missing incident had all of us on edge, my sister would have my head, literally, if I don't invite you guys to come in, though why she thought I wouldn't invite you guys in, is quite a mistery," Max said, before he walked up to the house before they could reply.

"Just say the word and I'll race you to the main gate," Tim said as they stared at Max's back as he entered the front door.

"Five minutes tops, then we leave," Dena said before they quietly run toward Max, before he disappeared behind the closing door.

"Where are my manners at," Rachel said, as Tim and Dena came into the living room. This had Carlos giving her a confused look as she handed Jordan to him.

"Did she threatened to murder Jordan's father," Max asked as he came and stood beside Carlos.

"Yeah the smile she had on, before she went to greet them earlier, could've  fooled anyone to thinking she wasn't even angry," Carlos said.

"I'm not surprised, you know she got that from you," Max said.

Ignoring what Max said, Carlos gave Jordan his car keys to keep him from making a fuss, as he discreetly watch Dena from the kitchen counter.

As the two women stood up from the couch, Carlos turned his attention back to Jordan, a move that doesn't escape Max's observation on his brother, as his eye's glanced between him and Dena.

"Max will drop you off," Rachel said as she looked at Max.

"Mum called, I need him," Rachel continued as Max raised his left eyebrow at her.

"Okay I'll drop them off," Max quickly replied once he heard Chel mentioned their mother.

"Hmm, I thought so," Chel said before she took his bag off the kitchen counter.

Shaking his head, Carlos walked to the front door with Jordan on his shoulders.

"You know, if you keep staring at the man, I'm pretty sure your eyeballs will pop," Tim whispered in Dena's ear before he started after Carlos.

"Text me when you've managed to calm mom down," Max said as Carlos threw him his Aston car keys.

Passing Jordan to Chel, Carlos locked eyes with Dena for a few seconds, before he opened Chel's black Rover and got in. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What you thinking so hard about," Tim asked as he looked at Dena's concentrated facial expression.

"Oh nothing much," she said.

Before Tim could pester her to make her tell him more, she made her way into her room.
Laying on her bed, a mental image of Carlos carrying Jordan popped in her head, why her curiosity and mind kept wondering to the Lexington family, especially a certain  Lextington she has no idea, when she and Carlos locked eyes for a few seconds today, something seemed to click within her, what exactly clicked is a mystery that she did not want to uncover.

Hearing Tim letting out a curse in the corridor brought a smile to her face, Kevin their marijuana user neighbour, is defiently passed out in front of their door, hearing Tim's  shuffling feet and his loud voice lecturing Kevin told her, he's helping the guy to his room, why she and Tim kept lecturing the guy, everytime they help him to his room is something, that now she thinks about it has no logic to it.

After a few minutes of her turning on the bed, she finally drifted off to sleep, from her conversation with Rachel today, she somehow knew a long rest is something she needed before tomorrow arrived.