Chapter 13

Thanks to everyone who took the time out to read this story. 💞 I see you, yes you who are reading,voting and commenting 💗

How can someone seem so fierce and fragile at the sametime. Carlos wondered as he watch Dena walk slowly to God knows where. The sound of cars speeding past him and people going about their night life were lost to him as his eyes trained on her. The combination of the natural wind and air created by the speeding cars kept blowing her hair over her face. One second she's running her hand through her brown curly hair, then next she is starring furiously at her phone.

She was near him when all of a sudden she quickly walked to the road rail and placed her hands on it. His thoughts was running crazy as he saw her gripp the rail tightly and starred at the passing vehicles. The thought of her jumping infront one of the vehicles had Carlos's heart racing as he pushed himself of his Mercede. He was about to call her when she walked away from the rail.
He was trying to think of an excuse to give if she saw him, which she was bound to since he was just a few feet away from her, that he didn't notice her walk pass him.

Shaking his head, he run up and blocked her path.
It took a minute before Dena registered it was Carlos standing infront of him. After what semmed to be a mini starrring contest between them she finally spoke. 

"Wanna give me a ride home?."

Suprised by her question, Carlos starred at her for a moment before nodding his head. Grabbing her hand he quickly led her to the car before she changed her mind. The drive to her home was quiet as Dena was already passed out in the backseat.

Parked infront of her home, he decided to let her sleep for awhile before he got out to wake her up. Leaning back in his seat he watched her from the rear mirror.

Turning in her sleep Dena opened her eyes to see Carlos starring at him.

"I look like shit, I know, now would you stop starring," she said after remembering she asked him for a ride home.

Taken back by what he heard, Carlos quickly looked away from her face. Releasing his seat belt he got out to help her out.

He was about to close the car door when he saw her high heels on the seats.

"Can't forget those lovely shoes, sold one of my kidney's to get them," she said as he handed them to her.

The serious look she had on made a grin broke out on his face.

"I'm sure they were worth it, look at them, definitely can't resist those, " he said before letting out a chuckle.

"You gotta stop showing up and helping when I'm at my wits end, you'd fall for me if you keep this up, I've being forced to listen to Tim's billionaire boy loves poor girl story books that my ears hurt, don't want that shit happening in real life."

"Want me to stay," he asked after laughing at her comment.

"I'm okay but thanks for the offer."

Carlos waited until she disappeared from his view before he got into his car and drove home.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Looking at his secretary Carlos tried his best to concentrate as she gave him a run down on the 10am Links investors meeting. The weekend's events specifically the event that involved his interaction with Dena made him wonder and worried at the sametime about her.
His sisters dramatic entrance into his office broke his line of thoughts about Dena and made his secretary nearly dropped her file in suprise.

As Rachel kindly asked his secretary to leave he rubbed his temple wondering what the hell did he do to her now. From past experiences such grand visits from any of his two siblings were never good.

"What did you say to her," she asked as she angrily stared at him.

"Her."

"Don't play dumb with me, Dena, what did you tell her. I know you met her when you went to drop Mary off, Bobby saw you at the hospital, said you picked a girl up, he was working a night shift."

"Did you threaten her not to take the job," Rachel continued as she tried not to go crazy on her brother before hearing what he had to say.

Processing what she said, Carlos cursed Bobby and his night shifts in his mind before telling Rachel he had nothing to do with Dena not accepting  her job offer.

Seeing as he didn't do anything to make Dena refuse her job offer, she decided to sit down.

"She quiet a tough one, that woman."

Hearing her comment, he unconsciously nodded his head in agreement.

"Do you like her ?

Taken back by her question, he looked up from the file he was about to go through before answering with a loud No.

"Jezz sorry for asking," Rachel quickly said before Carlos could go on a full rant on what gave her the idea that he likes her.

"What's the case with Chris now," Carlos asked as he wanted them to leave Dena's topic before she starts grilling him about her.

Seeing her getting angry at the mention of her ex husband's name, he  knew she had forgotten about Dena's topic for now.

"Max is gonna kill him well not  literally, if he see's you with him."

"Not if I kill him first myself, when I'm about to trust him and give us a second chance, he goes and break my heart again."

Hearing the change in her voice as she spoke about him, he mentally made a note to have a word with Chris if he run into him.

"Wish there was a switch off button when it comes to love."

His secretary sudden appearance through his office door had him letting out a sign of relief. Being a player himself, if you count not sticking to one partner as a player. He doesn't have a response to his sister's comment.

"Sorry for the interruption Sir, your 10 o'clock meeting," his secretary's said after poking her head through the door way.

"Thanks Lilly, tell Rob to drop Rachel off, I'll drive us up to Links office."

"We'll your having fun as usual," Rachel said after Lilly left.

Smiling  sarcastically at her comment, he proceed to shooing her out of his office.