confrontation and lies

"i like you,"

"i like you too,"

"no, i mean i like you, like in a romantic way,"

"what?"

"sorry i know it's weird—"

"no, no it's not weird i just, i don't think you like me, maybe it's just a phase? i mean what is there to like about me?"

everything.
your need of not putting a book down until you reach the end to the fact that you feel so strongly about something as simple as flip flops—i love everything about you.
the shape of your hips and the curve of your smile and your cute little nose. the way your eyes are both dark but ablaze with a certain zeal and the way your tongue pokes the side of your cheek when you laugh.
the way you roll your eyes at me and the way you bump your forehead against mine and the way you bury your head in my shoulder when you're feeling low.
the way your arms wrap tightly around my back when you hug me and the way your dusky skin glows under the sun and the way you effortlessly put your hair up in a bun.
the way your collarbones peek out of low cut shirts and the way your hand fits in mine. the way your voice goes high pitched when you are around dogs and the way it breaks when you cry and the way i can hear the excitement laced in every word that comes out of your mouth when you talk about a certain movie.

what is there to not love about you?

"do you think it would be strange for us to be in a relationship?"

"i, i don't know annanya i've just never thought about you that way. i mean you are beautiful, anyone would want you but i'm just not for relationships,"

"you really don't have to sugar coat it,"

"i'm not, you know how much you mean to me but i just don't trust myself in a relationship with anyone. let alone someone like you who i can't lose at this point in my life, i can't imagine my day without you,"

"you know you're a very bad liar,"

"why do you always think i'm lying? are my feelings a joke to you? you always disregard them, whether i write them down or i say them to you, why can't you ever accept any sort of affection?"

"i'll see you tomorrow,"