One

Our room looked like it was clean.
I look at Hobi, who looks down.
"I had to clean up after..." he whispered. I covered my mouth with a hand, pulled him into the room and grabbed into a tight hug.
"God, I'm so sorry..." I apologize for the millionth time.

After a long enough time for it to get awkward, we pull away. I don't let go of his hand, however, because he doesn't let go, and I get the feeling he thinks I'll attempt again if he does.
I lead him to our rooms and shake him off gently when we get to my room, I never let him in there and he knows I would only let him if I was there. But even if I'm here, he doesn't come in.

He abides by what I say and that makes me worry, if he's like that with everyone he'll get taken advantage of. But then again we are the only friends we have.
"(Y/n), it's almost time for dinner, please hurry." He said, through the door and I sigh quietly, grabbing a fresh shirt and hoodie and quickly changing.
When I open it, Hoseok is waiting at the door, smiling softly at me.

I clench my fists, meals were my least favorite things about the day, not because I had to eat, I love food, but because he's there and I can't see him with his new friends without my heart throbbing and breaking again.
He's never even looked at me.
"Come on, let's go now." Hobi says, trying to stay positive, but he knows how much I hate meals, but he won't let me skip them and he won't bring me the meals because we aren't allowed to take more than we need or take school dishes into the dorms.

I nod and Hoseok holds my hand to help me out, my heart races and I have difficulty breathing.
I squeeze his hand and he squeezes back as we enter the cafeteria.
Smells waft gently through the air, and each is delicious, the students sit in various chairs around various tables in the large cafeteria and I immediately see him sitting with his roommate, Taehyung and their neighbours, Namjoon and Jin, and Jimin, who doesn't have a roommate.

As usual, none of them even know Hobi or I exist and I quickly avert my gaze, afraid of making eye contact.
Hoseok and I enter the line, he still holds my hand so I use my free one to get my cafeteria sandwich, because I don't like the other foods today.
I quickly pay with Hobi who bought the salad, so we can go hide in our usual spot, but as soon as I turn around to leave with Hobi, my heart stops.

Yoongi is actually looking our way, his gaze glued to our joined hands.