Two

He doesn't speak, but I've known him long enough to read his expression. Though well hidden, he is clearly angry.
For a moment my heart lifts, could it possibly be jealousy?
I dare to believe for a moment before I mentally slap myself. No. He will never love me. If he ever loved me he wouldn't have left me.

"Come on, Hobi." I say, trying not to let my voice shake. I lead Hoseok past Yoongi, not looking at him, and it isn't until we're at the table I'm trying to bring us and we've set our food down to that he whimpers, and I realize I'm squeezing his hand tighter than before.
I drop it fast, feeling horrible.
"Oh God, I'm sorry! Are you okay?" I cry, tenderly examining his wrist. It was red but not swollen, and that eased my heart a bit.
"What's wrong with you?" Yoongi asked scathingly, looking at Hobi's wrist. I open my mouth to respond, my heart pounding, each beat felt like it was pumping pain through my body and not blood.

But then I realize Yoongi is not looking at me. He is looking and speaking to Hoseok.
He's pale, and shocked as he looks at Yoongi.
"What do you mean?" He asks, looking scared.
"(Y/n) is weak. How could that hurt you? How weak are you?" Yoongi laughs cruelly and I'm paralyzed in shock, Hoseok is silent beside me.
The cafeteria is all biting back their laughter, and their laughter angers me.
"Hey Hobi isn't weak. Shut up." I snap, clenching my fists and stepping between them. Seeing Hoseok look that wounded and scared infuriates me, and my protective urge for my best friend kicks in.
Yoongi slowly, reluctantly looks at me, as if he is only angry at Hobi.
"Be quiet." He mutters.
"No I will be quiet while you're disrespecting my best friend! Back off Min Yoongi!" I yell, pushing his shoulder.
His five friends watch, mostly me as if they're curious, and only a few stand up to defend him. One with chubby cheeks and one who looks almost too mature to be with them but he doesn't look like the oldest.

The cafeteria has formed a crowd, mostly looking to break up a fight but some looked quite entertained.
"What do you mean 'Best Friend'?" He whispers angrily, and Hobi grips my wrist, tugging it softly.
"Let's just go..." he whispers, terrified. I ignore him.
"I mean Best Friend by Best friend. Can you not understand what I'm saying?" I seethe and he looks almost hurt for a moment before he grows angrier.
"He's not your best friend." He argues and this confuses me.
"What do you mean? Who else would be my best friend?" I ask rhetorically, "You?" I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. He freezes a moment, his eyes blank in confusion before he looks like he realizes something and suddenly his eyes are empty, defensive.

"You left that boat behind a long time ago, Min Yoongi. So let it sink and leave me alone." I say and look at Hobi, who looks minorly pleased and happy, tears in his eyes and he wipes at them with his unintentional sweater paws. But he also looks scared. Scared because of Him.

As he leads me away the crowd parts for us. I look back long enough to see Yoongi, halfway between turning, and I flip him off, to which he looks surprised, and when I turn I don't look back.
We walk in silence, and I can practically feel Hobi's mixed feelings as he quietly cries, and I rub his back gently.

Once we're safely in our dorm, I allow myself to feel my own pain, at saying those things to Yoongi when I so badly wanted him to not leave me alone, at how I had actually been aggressive towards him, at how he had made fun of Hobi, especially at how much I could feel my heart tear at seeing the boy I love who seems to hate me again.

But I don't cry. I hold in my tears for Hobi's sake. Not mine.

I finally remember our food, left behind in the cafeteria, when it was set down I can't remember, so I look at Hobi, hoping to make him happy.
"Want to go out to eat?"