Chapter forty-Nine: Sleep Talk

49
Chapter Forty-Nine: Sleep Talk

"you hit your head so hard that you had lost parts of your memory, fragments that were blurry or just not there anymore" my dad explains as I feel the pressure of a memory wanting to come to the surface. Like a balloon that's tied to a Brick at the bottom of a lake, all it wants to do is rush to the surface but it's trapped and I needed to find away to shatter that Brick.

" 3 weeks had passed since that and you still hadn't woken up. Arvon blamed himself for not being able to protect you"

"But it wasn't his fault there was nothing he could do" I argue in my brothers defence.

"Yeah but how would you feel if you saw your 4 year old sister being kicked across a room right in front of your eyes?" Alex says finally speaking up "I can understand how he blamed himself even if it wasn't his fault"

"After that he decided he needed to get stronger, faster but the attention on him only made your situation so much worse. The only people that saw you were the ones that were in the room with you and Arvon and he told me he killed all of them. Your identity was safe the others had no clue you existed it was just a coincidence that they attacked on your birthday" my dad says trying to make it seem a little better then it really was.

"So the attack was really just to get her brother again?" Alex says, a little too casually.

"Yeah... basically" My dad said showing guilt all over his face "I'm sorry, if you and your brother hadn't been born into a family like mine then maybe you could have a normal life, just like you wanted. I wish you could have been born into a better family." He was about to continue rambling on but before I know it I'm pushing myself up off the hospital bed and towards my dad.

"Ahhh sit back down" Alex's dad growled "your going to re-open your stitches"

"Angie sit your ass down" Alex scolds but before they can say anything else I stop hobbling. I raise my hand before letting it collide with my dads cheek, leaving a red welt as an aftermath. The room instantly goes silent. I can imagine Alex's face filled with complete horror and his dads with shock but I could care less right now.

"I want you to take it back right now!" I demand tears threatening to spill over the brim of my eyes "take it back!" I shout as my head hangs towards the ground "never say that you wish us on another family ever again. Never put your self down for the life you've given to both me and my brother"

"Angie..." someone says but I'm too busy holding back the tears to know why there was a 4th voice in the room other than mine.

"You gave us the best chance at life" I say as I become more quiet in an attempt to hide the crack in my voice "we lived with a roof over our heads, warm food, clean water, clothes on our backs and a loving family. So what if your the leader of a gang and we are constantly being targeted by people who want to use us or worse. So what if we don't get a chance at a normal life, normal is Boring." I couldn't do it anymore, I couldn't hold back the tears.

"Angelina" my dad says in a hushed tone that I knew belonged to a face of pity and guilt.

"So what..." I mumble as I begin to hiccup "I've made amazing friends a-and I've g-got an amazing fa-amily. I don't need anything else"

"How about a big jar of Nutella?" Someone says completely ruining the moment. I turn around to see all the guys even Lashana, Rae and carter. "Sorry to ruin your big moment, but you ruined ours. We even turned the teachers blue just so we could escape to see you and all we see is you crying" Tyler says stepping forward "so, let your old man off the hook, get your tiny ass back into bed and let us be your heroes for once" almost instantly Chase walks over and picks me up before carefully placing me back down on the hospital bed.