P R O L O G U E

PROLOGUE

Summer, 2017

I stared at my own reflection on the full-sized body mirror to know what do I look like right now. I had a bonnet on the top of my head, there's an eye bag that appears rudely down to my brown eyes, and my lips which happened to be leaden.

I noticed all those things that had changed.

I could not resemble myself anymore. I wasn't the same person years ago. The lively and the outgoing teenager girl had already gone. Just a round glasses still hangs on the bridge of my nose, had to admit it doesn't look good on me anymore. I also lost a lot of weight, almost one kilogram a month.

Carefully watching myself on the mirror as I unloose the bonnet over me, revealing my head with no hair. Chemotherapy made this to me. Still, I found myself gorgeous. I still wore a smile though it hurts so much but I, myself, still found this girl on the mirror gorgeous.

But there's a thing that I was really scared of.

That someday I'll forget who I am.

That someday, I'm going to forgot my name—Naomi Damaris Benoni. And would not remember my age—nineteen.

Lastly, I'm going to wake up one day that didn't even know that I have a malignant brain tumor.

There is a sickness slaying me inside and I wasn't expecting my life to be the same as I figured out about this. I knew I won't be the girl that I've pictured out before, will never be that daughter who would make her parents climbed up on the stage holding a certificate on her graduation day.

Even so, I met him, and that was two years ago. He was the guy I could not hate even though he deserves beyond it.

So I could only hate the things that reminded me of him. Like in his favorite song, Pain in my heart. I don't want to remember the things we used to do, and all the things that remind me of him. And I don't want to hear the songs, the songs we used to sing. It hurts me more than those surgeries.

Everything was still pristine in my recollection; I could tell everything about us in detailed. The peerless person that made my heart fluttered and tormented at the same time. I should've hate him but I couldn't.

I clasped the necklace that is worn around my neck. It's his.

As I closed my eyes, tears streamed down on my cheeks. Why am I crying over that tromboli?

I miss him.

I really miss him.

Still now, I'm waiting for him before I forgot the whole thing about him...

Published Date: November 30, 2017