T W O

TWO

This coincidence made me happy. I've been wondering about him the whole night and now seeing him right now brought me some weird stimulation. How funny it is. HAHA.

Mr. Lucas looked up to see me. He probably sensed my stare . One of his eyebrow raised, like what Rachel did earlier.

"Oh... h-hi." I said awkwardly, slowly raising my right hand to wave but it didn't wave. I felt nervous, I mean, just my hand.

It's intimidating, the way he looks at me. His coffee-like colored eyes makes me want to melt in embarrassment. He just nodded at me, deign not to make any reply, then goes back his attention to his phone.

"My name is Naomi Damaris." I introduced myself cheerfully. I don't want things to get awkward. "How about you?"

He didn't looked at me.

"I'm Naomi." I sat down on his bed casually and offered my hand.

He lifted his head, and looked straight into my eyes.

"And you are?" I asked in a cheerful way again.

He stare at me in disgusting way. Is sitting here wrong? Or maybe I made him feel uncomfortable.

Suddenly, he wiped his lips using the back of his palm. "Oh shit! You spit out your saliva!"

I covered my mouth immediately. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!"

That-was-so-embarrassing!

"Just mind your own."

He admonished and abruptly pulled the intravenous injected on the vein of his hand. He hurled the blanket to get off on the bed, and dialed someone on his phone still standing on the bedside. 

"Jared, did the hospital called you?" he asked at the kickoff of the call.

"Oh Jesus Christ, bro, you're alive!" the guy on the other phone sounds happy to hear him. 

"Don't come here." he glanced on me then drifted to the curtain. Squeezing the bridge of his nose using two thumb, typical movement when a person is stress.

"I'm on my way, bro." that man on the phone said. I could imagine him on hurriedly walking since he's out of breathe.

"Just don't come here." Mr. Lucas rolled his eyes. "I'm going to beat you up if you do." then he threw his phone on the bed, right in front of me.

I smiled despite his rudeness. "So, the name of your friend is Jared. How about you, Mr. Lucas?" I emphasized the last word to sound sarcastic.

I heard him hissed. "Mr. Lucas? So you know my surname."

"Yeah." I replied with an enthusiasm, and fixed my glasses. "Keilah called you as Mr. Lucas."

"Shut up." he said roughly and made his way to the restroom.

Getting off, I expected to see the answer at the hospital clipboard that hooks at the end of his bed with a document sheet about him. But all I could see is Lucas. So I just threw myself on his bed in frustration.

"Naomi?"

That was Mr. Smollet's voice.

"What are you doing there?"