F I V E

FIVE

"After I collapsed?" I asked, feeling guilty.

Keilah nodded. "He left as soon as we told him that his brother paid for his medical expenses." then she looked at me again. "But his older brother keep on contacting us about him, and when we told him that he had been discharged himself. His brother ended up arguing with me because he said he did not request a discharge planning evaluation for his brother. Well, he wasn't the guardian, how could he say that?"

I chuckled to see the way she speak. It seems like she's the real Keilah Cranmer, not the nurse who supposed to be a nice worker. I love to see this another side of her.

But about what she have said. I didn't know that he has a brother, well, we're not close. But still his brother should be his guardian, not Jared.

"He has a brother?" I asked.

Keilah nodded. So, I asked again. "Then he was supposed to be the guardian, right?"

"Well, that friend of him was on his emergency dial number." She replied. "I don't think Gideon and his brother are in good terms. Also, he wanted to file a lawsuit against us so I'm in trouble." She wrinkled her nose, trying to ease her worries.

"I heard from the kids that you two fought." She suddenly said.

"I guess so." I just said, my hands reached for the Bible on my table.

"Gideon had been donating his money for the pediatric patients here for such a long time, I think he's donating one thousand dollars per month. And he's only using his name as Mr. Lucas so we don't know his name at all." Keilah said. I never thought he would be so rich. One thousand a month is a not a joke. She added, "And in surprise when he was rushed here, Dr. Hudson found out that he was ill that make us feel bad. Gideon was helping others but then he was also sick. He's a good person inside, but outside...kind of rude?" she chuckled.

"What's his sickness then?" I tried not to sound worried.

"It's kind of rare for his age." She stared at me before continuing, "It's a lung cancer."

I was out of word.

Yes, I hate that Gideon. But, I should forgive him. Bible says that if I forgive other people when they sin against me, God will also forgive me. But if I don't, God will not forgive my sins.

After all, Gideon didn't do anything wrong. He has a point, though. It wasn't a kiss and it was all for the kid's sake. I'm just being immature.

The door opened, I don't need to look at it to know who comes in. By hearing the little voices, I could tell they are the pediatric kids. Samuel approached me with a wheelchair. He was crying so I immediately wiped his tears. Aww, this boy really warms my heart.

"Naomi...I thought you won't wake up anymore." He said between his sobs.

I shushed him and sit up, though it was really hard. The two other kids are just staring at me.

"Thank you, Naomi." Paul suddenly beamed. "It was the best wedding ever!" he shouted with thumbs up. I smiled but I sighed deep inside.

"Come here." I motioned to him to come closer. He immediately run toward me so I pulled him into a hug. "No one can beat that, right?" I hold his shoulders and pushed him slightly to look at the kid's face.