3

It was a week after school had started, and not much had happened. Ophelia noticed Mr. Davidson staring at her from time to time, but she didn't think much of it. The man himself, was having a hard time dealing with his new feelings.

How could he not? She was perfect. She had a natural beauty, but her hair tended to cover her face so one couldn't see her too well. She was witty and well-read, but not snotty or boastful. She was quiet and curious about many things. Her passion for writing and reading seemed to have no limits.

As Ophelia entered her favourite class, Miles Davidson couldn't ignore how pretty she looked on that particular day. Her brunette hair was tied up in a careless, messy bun. She was wearing a baby blue hoodie that cut off just below her belly button, but her stomach was still covered by some high-waisted shorts. She had on Doc Martin boots.

She silently went towards her desk, but stopped when she saw a new seating plan on the board. She continued to her desk when she saw that her place was the only one not changed. The girl opened her book and began to read.

"Now I know some of you might be eager to read this morning, but I just want to tell you about one thing first." Ophelia closed her book when her teacher's voice was heard. "There is a poetry club starting after school today."

Now this was something Ophelia vould get behind. "It is in this room every Monday and Friday after school. We'll be writing poetry and sharing them with eachother."

Ophelia smiled to herself at the thought. She like poetry, and though she didn't think she was any good, she also liked writing it. However, another part of her wanted to be around her teacher more. She didn't know why, and she in fact denied it at first.

The rest of class went by normally, and afterwards a sign up sheet for the club was passed around. Ophelia didn't see anybody write down their name. When it came to her, she wrote down her full name in pretty handwriting.

Ophelia Jannete Morrison.

Jannete had been her mother's name. Her full name was Jannete Clarice Williams. She hadn't heard anybody speak her mother's name since the funeral. Maybe it was the circumstances she died in, but whatever the case, everybody seemed to have forgotten her mother except for her and her father.

But the sheet was taken away gently from Ophelia's hands by the teacher. And wouldn't you know, his finger touched hers again. This time, both of them got a shiver. The man quickly turned away, pretending to be unaffected. His acting worked.

Ophelia's eyes remained on the teacher for a moment, and then she looked away and flipped her hair, as if snapping out of a trance.

After school, Ophelia made her way back to the room. She entered and saw that she was the only one who showed up.

"Um...is the club still on? Nobody else is here." She said, startling Mr. Davidson who had been grading papers. He looked up and nodded.

"Haha, well, yes. Why not?" He said. "I'm sure we can find some kind of activity to do." He added, a warm grin on his face.

"Perhaps we could make some posters for the club to put around the school, maybe then more people would come." Ophelia suggested. Mr. Davidson thought it was a good idea and so they started to work.

Ophelia, for a short time, was not lonely. The two working on the flyers in the classroom was the closest thing to a true companionship that Ophelia had ever had. Yes, Meryl was her friend. However, Meryl was always trying to drag her into trouble.

Meryl was always saying those carelessly rude comments, and Ophelia would never know if they were a joke or not. This man though, he was kind. He didn't order her around, but asked her nicely. He had a warm atmosphere.

They worked for 2 hours, and then proceeded to tape the posters to doors around the school. After this, they made their way back to the classroom.

"Well, thanks for helping me out, Ophelia." Mr. Davidson said. Ophelia liked the sound of her name on his tongue.

"You're welcome." She was about to leave when a warm hand was placed on her shoulder. Ophelia's heart picked up pace and she turned around. Mr. Davidson's eyes met hers, and she quickly averted them.

"It's raining pretty hard out there, would you like a ride home?" He asked. Ophelia nodded and thanked him. So they left in Mr. Davidson's car. It was quite a nice one as well. The ride home was pleasant.

"Why did you decide to come, even though you saw no other names on the sheet?" The man asked, curious. Ophelia thought for a moment.

"Well, I guess I just wanted to see if anybody changed their mind and decided to come, I didn't want to miss the first meeting if so." She said.

Miles frowned, but the girl didn't see it. He wanted her to like his company, he wanted to be in her company more anyway. He knew the feelings he had were wrong, but he didn't care. He had never felt like this before.

Ophelia had developed a crush on her teacher, as young girls do sometimes. But it wasn't just his strikingly handsome looks, she thought him to be a genuinely interesting and kind person. She was normally a very rational and logical girl, but her head could also fly through the clouds. This was an instance of such cloud flying.

Once they had arrived at Ophelia's apartment building, she realised she never even gave him her address. She let it go, assuming maybe that they had it in the school database. As she entered and made her way up the stairs to her hall, the car lingered for a few seconds before leaving.

It was lucky that Mr. Davidson had everybody put their phones in a bucket at the start of class, and that Ophelia kept her address as a note in hers.