7

It was the day of the next poetry club meeting, and Ophelia was hoping to see a group of anticipating writers sitting in the desks, but no. When she entered the room, there was only her teacher. Ophelia sighed.

"I suppose this school really doesn't like poetry, huh." Ophelia said it more like a statement than a question.

"I suppose not." Miles answered, looking up from the assignments he was grading. "Well, alot of these marks speak for that." He added, smirking.

"Say, are you almost finished? There isn't much point in doing anything here since I'm the only one who showed up. Maybe...ah nevermind." Ophelia shook her head. Miles furrowed his brow and tilted his head.

"I only have a few more to go, but they can wait. What were you going to say?" He asked, neatly stacking the papers and standing up. He was wearing a long sleeved white shirt and a light brown sweater vest with khaki pants.

His glasses gleemed in the light that shone through a gap between to curtains. He didn't usually wear his glasses during class, but he wore them when reading small print or grading things.

"Well...I know it isn't wise to go places with strangers...but I was thinking we could grab a bite to eat. That is, unless your wife is waiting for you at home." Ophelia laughed and blushed. She knew how stupid she sounded.

"Oh! I don't have a wife, I live alone. And...we're not exactly strangers." Miles smiled, amused by her embarrasment. "But I sadly must go to a meeting in a few minutes, I forgot I had one today and was going to cancel the club meeting." Ophelia nodded and soon parted.

When she had gone, Miles smiled to himself and blushed. "She wanted to go soemplace and eat with me...and she looked so cute when she was asking...I'm sorry I had to dissapoint her." He put his hands over his cheeks and made a little high-pitched noise similar to a giddy teenage girl seeing her crush.

She ran up to her room upon entering the apartment, and screamed into her pillow. "I'm such a fangirl!" She said aloud to herself.

Ophelia layed down on her bed in silence. Why was she starting to get so worked up about Mr. Davidson like that? He was an adult, and not only that her teacher! It was kind of weird, but it was just a normal student-crushing-on-male-teacher thing, yes?

He really is kind to me, and he has such a relaxing aura. She thought, Why does he treat me so different from the other students? It also doesn't help that he's like, the most handsome man I have ever seen.

Ophelia sighed and sat up. She looked around her room. It was very lonely. A thick silence surrounded her, and for a moment it made her almost snap. She got up to turn some music on with her phone to break the quiet atmosphere.

Ophelia hummed as she worked on her homework, math. It wasn't too hard, just some basic practice. She finished it quickly and then went downstairs to watch cartoons, turning off her music first.

But she couldn't focus.

The next day at school, Ophelia had spontaneously decided to wear a dress. Not anything too fancy, just a little black dress and tights. She happily entered the English classroom early. Her brunette locks were simply left down tofay, not something she usually did.

Miles froze upon seeing her. Her figure was hugged by the dress, and her hair framed her pretty face. The man noticed how soft her curves were, how like a doll she looked. He couldn't help but blush a deep scarlet.

"Hello Ophelia." He finally managed to say.

"Hello Mr. Davidson!" Ophelia chirruped, clasping her hands together. Her face was also reddened, embarrased from Mr. Davidson seeing her all dressed up.

After class was over, Ophelia retrieved her cell phone from the phone bucket and walked off to her next class. Once she left, Miles opened his wallet to reveal her school photo in it. She had been smiling, and her hair was left down like it had been that day.

My doll. He thought. When will I be able to show you how much I care about you?