5

A few days after the incident, it was Saturday. Ophelia was alone in the house, as usual, and she decided to go get some groceries and maybe go to the mall for a bit. A new book store had just opened in the mall, and Ophelia wanted to check it out.

She went to the mall first, because she didn't want to carry the groceries all the way home and her dad had the car. She entered and looked at the map for the bookstore. She found it and made her way there. On the way she saw a coffee shop.

Ophelia hadn't had her morning coffee yet, so she joined the line of people waiting to order. Once she had gotten to order, she went to the counter where you wait for your coffee, and who did she see sitting at a table near it but Mr. Davidson.

Ophelia looked down to hide her blushing face, and once she thought the colour left it she looked up and approached his table. "Hello Mr. Davidson!" She said with a friendly grin. The man's face lit up and he smiled upon seeing the girl.

"Well, fancy meeting you here." Miles said. "Here for your caffeine fix?" He added. As he waited for her answer, he looked her over. She was wearing a pale pink t-shirt with a white cardigan on top, she had on black tights and her usual boots. Her hair was in a pretty braid pulled over her shoulder.

"Yeah, I actually came here for the bookstore but saw this on the way and decided to stop." Ophelia explained.

"Wouldn't you believe, so was I." He wasn't really on the way to the bookstore. But now he was. It was a perfect opportunity to spend more time with Ophelia.

"Morrison!" A cashier projected. Ophelia went to get her order and paid. When she was about to go to a free table, her teacher waved her over.

"Why don't you sit here, we're both on our way to the same place."

Ophelia saw no harm in that, in fact she was happy to join him. They sipped their drinks and talked for a while, and both were absolutely content. If only they knew what each were thinking.

Presently, Ophelia was thinking how lucky she was to have a teacher like Mr. Davidson. She had no other friends, a few acquiantences but no real companion. She enjoyed his company greatly, and couldn't help but find him to be very entrancing.

The man himself, was engraving her every move into his mind. The way she gently gripped her cup, the way her eyes focused on him so decidedly, all her little mannerisms made him happy. His gaze could not move anywhere else.

After they were finished their coffee, they made their way to the bookstore. Once they entered it, Ophelia looked around. She was unsure of where to go first. Miles saw her uncertainty and suggested they go to the classic section. Ophelia nodded.

They browsed for a while until Ophelia saw it fit to go grocery shopping. Mile sinsisted on going with her to drive her home after so she didn't have to carry the bags. Ophelia thought that was ok, so they went to Walmart in Miles's car.

"I really appreciate everything you've done for me." Ophelia said as they were in the car on the way to her house after going to Walmart. "My dad...he doesn't pay much attention to me unless he wants me to get him a beer or something."

Mr. Davidson looked at Ophelia at a red light. He had concern in his eyes. I can tell by the look on her face that he's not just negligent. He thought. I promised to myself that I'd protect her. What else does he do?

Once they arrived at Ophelia's apartment complex, she thanked her teacher again and left with a smile on her face. If somebody had seen her, they'd have commented on her reddened face.

Ophelia entered her home and sighed. Her dad was still out. She'd have to fend for herself for supper. She decided to order in some chinese.

Ophelia's mind was crowded with thoughts of her day. Mr. Davidson's general presense made her so happy that she could barely concetrate on anything she was doing. He made her feel safe, something that nobody had been able to do in years. He sent warmth throughout her body whenever they touched.

While driving home, Miles was thinking about his next move to be with the one he loved. If her father truly mistreats her, I will have to find away to stop him. I will not let anybody harm Ophelia again.

The next day the plan would begin, when Ophelia's disposition changed. Soon, the girl would finally be safe. Soon, she'd be happy. Miles would be happy too.

Her father was drunk when he returned home. He yelled at Ophelia for something she didn't do. When she explained that she didn't do it, he hit her several times on her shoulders and back until she ran up to her room and locked the door.