5- You're okay

*Pidge's expression when you kill one of Galra soldiers*

|Word count- 1165

Warnings- Mild swearing

You had been walking for who knows how long. Your gun was long gone, out of ammo and abandoned in an empty cell. You walked a few paces behind, gaze on the floor. No one talked and you were too nervous to say anything. That silence was soon interrupted by gunshots and thuds.

You all began to speed up and as you turned a corner, a stray gunshot nearly takes out your eye. A hand closes around the back of your shirt and yanks you backward. You stumble, but quickly regain your composure before turning around. You shirt twists around your neck as you turn around to come face to face with Keith.

He lets go of your shirt. "We can't have you getting shot."

You nod. "Thanks."

He nods and walks past you. You turn around and Shiro peers around the corner. He gestures for you, or rather, Keith, to follow him. He walks out into the open before running out of sight. Keith follows, leaving you alone. You turn around and look down the hallway, the purple glow sending a slight chill down your spine. You were on edge, you hated this place, despised it even. You wanted to leave and that's exactly what you were going to do.

With a sudden burst of courage, you turn on your heel and run around the corner. You see a stray gun lying next to a robotic Galra soldier and you crouch down to pick it up.

Your grandma had once taught you how to use them. Finger above the trigger, don't fire until ready. That's all you could remember clearly. The rest was fuzzy.

You stand up and make your way over to a raised platform, with metal boxes giving good enough cover. You hunch over and run, trying to stay out of the way of fire. Thuds, grunts, gunshots, and Shiro shouting orders fill the room.

You reach the boxes and get on your knees. The gun rests on one of the boxes as you try and get a good shot at one of them.

'Trail and error' goes through your head.

You eventually remember how to aim and when you see a stray soldier firing from off to the side, you put your finger on the trigger and push it back.

It hits the soldier's leg and he falls, gun skidding away from him.

"Holy shit I'm good!" you exclaim happily. You aim at another guard and fire. You miss- by a lot.

"And there it goes," you say, rolling your eyes. You go back to aiming when you see the one and only, Pidge, wearing armor similar to Keith's and Shiro's, but green, fighting two soldiers at once.

She looked pretty attractive, you weren't going to lie. You blushed at the thought.

She launches forward using one foot and strikes the soldier. It flies back and you can't help but smile, even though it was small and lasted for only a few seconds.

You aim at one of them and gun kicks back slightly but hits the soldier on the side. He goes down and Pidge looks in your direction. She looks confused but smiles when she realizes it's you. You smile back as she runs off and battles a group of them, with the help of Shiro.

You were about to leave, you were about to see Will again, and you were hyped.

'''

Eventually, all the soldiers were on the ground, sparking from cut wires and missing limbs. You stood up and your legs ached from sitting on your knees for so long. The ache goes away quickly as you make your way off the platform. You stop and look around for the other three and spot them talking a few yards away from you.

You start walking toward them. Will wasn't with them, which meant he was safe somewhere else; hopefully. You finally reached them and Shiro smiles in your direction.

"Hello Y/n," he says and Pidge jerks her head in your direction.

She smiles before hugging you. Needless to say, you're shocked, but you hug her back anyway.

She pulls away and you could've sworn you saw her face become a light pink. You smile and force your cheeks to stay their normal tint.

"Come on. We need to get going." Shiro says, turning around and heading for the door.

'''

Your knuckles were white from squeezing the living hell out of Shiro's arm. It was his robotic one though, so hopefully, he didn't feel it. Pidge piloted the giant green lion towards an even bigger ship; or maybe it was a castle, you couldn't quite tell, but you leaning more to the idea of it being a ship rather than a castle. You were impressed, to say the least.

You couldn't process that you were in space, away from the safety of the ground. The star littered sky flew past the windows as you flew closer and closer to the ship.

On a completely unrelated note, Pidge was an excellent flier and you were impressed. You trusted Pidge, yes, but a huge robotic lion? Not so much.

"Y/n, we've landed," Shiro says, placing his hand on your shoulder. You shake your head and look up at him.

"Oh, and sorry," you say. Your fingers ached from squeezing his arm so hard. You stretched them out, trying to stop the ache.

He smiles. "You're okay. I didn't feel it."

You're confused for a moment before realizing. The lion's head drops down and its mouth opens, letting you exit to be almost immediately hugged. You recognized the person as Will, judging by the smell of coffee coming from him.

"You're okay! I missed you!" Will exclaims, as you hug him back. His voice sounded like he was about to start crying, but you were going to too.

Tears welled up in your eyes. You make contact with the group of seven people in front of you and mouthed a thank you.

After a moment, Will pulls away and straightens up. He turns around and gestures to each person, introducing the ones you didn't know.

"This is Princess Allura and Coran, they're Altean and this is Hunk. I'm pretty sure you know Shiro and Keith." a teenage boy in yellow armor waves and smiles at you, to which you smile and wave in response.

"How about we get you settled?" Allura asks, beckoning you towards her with a wave of her hand.

Sorry, this was so short! I tried to get it done quickly and stuff, so sorry if it sucks as well! Also, thank you so much for 900 reads!! You guys are amazing! Also, sorry if things seem a bit rushed. Anyway, see you guys later!