Chapter 1

Jon awoke with a start. He had been having weird nightmares lately, ever since Nick told him about his multiverse travels. He looked at the clock beside his bed. "3:00 am," Jon muttered, covering himself in blankets. "The dreams let me sleep in..."  Jon opened his little fridge and saw it was completely empty besides a purple glowing bottle. 

"Did Nick leave his Flurp here again?" Jon asked himself picking up the bottle. "I swear these things are messing with his-" Jon paused. He saw a sticky note on the side of the drink.

Come to the basement. NOW.   -Nick

"What?!" Jon yelled, rushing out the door. "What's going on? He never invites me to the basement! Oh god... I hope he's alright...." 

Jon barged into Nick's house; none of the lights were on nor was Nick in his bed. The only place with the lights on was the basement.

Jon walked down into the basement. It had half-blue, half-cobblestone walls. On the blue side, computers plants and other normal household things were around, excluding Frank, Nick's lizard he kept in an aquarium on that side of the room. 

On the cobble side, things looked a bit more menacing. Skulls were littered all around a grill and what Nick claimed to be ketchup was used to draw strange patterns on the floor. The most scary thing however, the the cage in the back corner. Jon remembered that Nick said never to touch the person inside, for they were a shape-shifter.

"Huh?" Jon wondered. "Where's Nick?" He scanned the room from the doorway, but couldn't see his fellow neighbor. He looked over at Frank, who seemed to be staring at the couch for some reason or another. "Frank?" Jon said walking over to his tank. "What's wrong buddy? You look like you've-"

Jon froze. Someone was passed out on the couch. Someone with green hair wearing clown makeup. Someone wearing a purple vest over their purple and green stripped shirt. Someone with red tinted glasses holding a fishing pole. 

It was Jon. 

"W-what...?" Jon said looking over the Jon on the couch. "Is this me? But... I'm me! At least I think I am!" Jon ran over to Frank's aquarium and looked at his reflection in the glass. "Alright Jon," he asked himself. "When is Nick's birthday?" 

Jon pondered this for a moment. "Um... I forget." He said sighing in relief. "Okay I'm the real Jon." He then looked his other self again. "Then who is-?" Jon looked at the table. Another note.

Jon, if you're reading this, I'm in a lot of trouble. The shape-shifter escaped. 

I need to go after it, and since I know it will try and take your form, I've retrieved all the Jon's I could find who I knew for a fact couldn't be you. Remember: There should be four of you in total.  Until I can get the situation under control, you guys are going to have to stay in the basement. I may have put a lock on the door, so none of you can get out. Just stay safe,and make sure the other Jon's are to.     -Nick

"Wait wait wait," Jon exclaimed looking up from the note. "The shape-shifter?! Four me's?! What?!" Jon ran over to the cage. Sure enough, instead of the shape-shifter being in the cage there was another Jon. Only... this one didn't look to much like him. His hair was orange, along with his outfit. His hat only had one point instead of the three Jon had. He smelt of vanilla as well.

"Okay... that's 3 including me.... now where-?" Jon heard a faint snoring noise above him. He looked up in terror to see another Jon duck-taped to the ceiling. This one looked almost exactly like a normal Jon, but he was wearing a heart shaped necklace that was half-black and half-red.

"Hey!" Jon heard from behind him. he turned around to see the Jon with glasses had woken up. "Where am I? Where is Dawn? What universe is this?!" 

"Um..." Jon whimpered, flabbergasted by the other Jon. "I don't know a Dawn, nor what universe this is, but I can tell you your in Nick's basement in the middle of nowhere and-!" Suddenly, a deeper voice came from the cage. "Oh great. Just what I needed. More of the idiot. And to think I was finally going to be done with him." 

The opposite looking Jon stood up, looking at the others. "Okay that's new." Said the Jon with the glasses. "I've never been in a universe with two of me before." He walked over to the cage, examining this orange Jon. "I'm not you moron." The other Jon said. "I'm Don. You know? The disappointment?"

As the Jon with glasses was about to continue talking, the Jon with the necklace fell from the ceiling. "OH MY GOD WHAT WAS THAT?!" He screamed, standing up. "WHERE IS MY SPONGE AND-" He stopped and looked at Don. "Oh hey. It's you. The other me." The Jon looked at the other two Jon's in the room."And the other other other me's. Huh." 

Jon was startled. He didn't know how to react to all of these other versions of himself. "OKAY EVERYONE IF YOU BE QUIET I CAN GIVE YOU THE KNOWLEDGE I KNOW!" He screamed, making all the other Jons go silent.

"Look, I have no idea what's going on. All I know is that my Nick brought you here because he needs us to be here or some reason. Nick hasn't told me much about his inter-dimensional travels, but I'm sure he'll be back soon!"

"Hold on," The one with glasses inquired. "Your Nick is a universe traveler? Huh.... that explains it. See, mine is to. I was just an inventor before he came. Now I travel with him." 

"MINE IS A VAMPIRE!" The Jon with the necklace exclaimed. Everyone stared at him in silence for a moment. "Wait... oh god your that Jon from the universe with the soul mongers." The Jon in glasses sighed face palming. "Why of all Jons is he here. Why couldn't the Nick dressed as me been here. At least he was a bit more tolerable..."

"I have no idea what you three are talking about." Said Don, looking annoyed. "All I know is, Duni sets up this corridor for me to kill this idiot in, and as soon as i walk in everything faded to black. Now I'm stuck in a cage and surrounded by the most idiotic person that I know." 

Jon went over and opened the door to the cage. "Seems as everyone has been through a lot." He said watching Don leave the cage before closing it again. "I guess since we're stuck down here, we've gotta kill time somehow. And I don't want to just sit here and drink this flurp."

"Oh god yours drinks it to?" The one with glasses said.  "That stuff is like pure sugar it's terrible."

Suddenly the heart necklace Jon snatched it from the normal Jon's hands and proceeded to chug the hole thing, without batting an eye. "Oh my gosh this is amazing! I wish I had this in my universe!!!" He said licking the bottle clean. The Jon and Don looked at him in disgust, while glasses-Jon walked over to one of Nick's many computers.

"Hey guys?" He said pointing  at the monitor. "This says something weird." The others walked over to see a small bit of text on the screen.

The Askbox is Open.