Chapter 10

Hey guys! It's me Thaum!!! Thank you all for voting! We are almost at 3k!!! In the meantime, here's another chapter! Also, thank you to @synkono for the art!!! It's so awesome!!! Go follow them!!!!

Jon lied awake in his bed, staring at his ceiling. It had been about 2 weeks since they had left the basement, and he hadn't slept since. The odd time he did fall asleep-

Jonathan please! Don't do it-!

The nightmares seemed to be getting worse each night. 

@nayengal : Jon, maybe get some medication for your nightmares.

 Jon thought about it for a moment. "I guess that might work... but I just wish I could figure out why I have these nightmares! Or if they even mean anything! They seem so real though..."

He looked over at his clock. "Ugh... 3 o'clock? The Professor makes staying up look so easy..." He sat up and frowned. "Maybe I should go for a quick walk; maybe that will clear my head."

Jon pulled open the door to his new house and stepped outside. Since Jon and Nick's houses were taken down, Ashlie was able to get her building crew to build each Jon a small house. And while everyone questioned how they were able to build 5 houses in the span of 2 weeks, no one was complaining.

Each of them had gotten an identical house with a fence in between them, however each had been given a few personal touches. 

Jon's house was the farthest to the left and had the least amount of changes. In the front lawn was a small pond, where Herbert now lived, with a sign that read: 'This Pond is in Memory of Water Duck: July 14th-August 3rd'. 

The house beside his was Don's. In its front was a small flower garden he had made filled with a wide range of flowers he had received from the askers. In fact, his house was almost overgrown with vines and other plants as well.

As Jon strolled by Don's house, he could hear something strange coming from it. "Hm? What the gosh darn heck is going on in there?" He walked over to the door and gave a little knock. "Don? You okay in there bud?" No response. 

Jon knocked a little harder. "Don? Don are you okay?!" 

The sound of glass breaking made Jon jump back. "DON!" he cried barging into the house. Don was standing over a broken table, breathing heavily. One of his crystal roses had fallen onto the ground. 

"...Don?" Don lunged at Jon, startling him. Don pointed his sword at Jon's neck.

 "GET OUT! I DON'T WANT TO PLAY YOU INCORPOREAL-!" Don's eyes widened at the sight of his friend. He lowered his sword. ".........Jon?" He loosened his grip, and the sword fell to the ground with a small 'clang'.

Jon stood there horrified. "Wha- What the heck was that about?!" he stammered backing against the door.

Don looked ashamed. "...I apologize. I've just been kind of on edge ever since I got this amulet." He pulled a small blue amulet out from his shirt. Jon looked at it curiously. "Why? What's wrong with it? Where'd you get that anyway?"

Don sighed. "...Promise you won't call me crazy?" Jon nodded slowly before laughing. "At this point, I'd be surprised if one of us wasn't a little bit crazy."

They sat down at the broken table (which they later fixed with some duct tape) and had some tea. Don stared into his cup in silence. He took another deep breath, and handed the amulet over to Jon.

"Ever since the day we've left the basement, I've had this strange feeling; like I was being watched by... something. At first I thought it was just superstition or paranoia. After all, the askers who gave me the amulet gave me a vague warning of sorts. But went I fell asleep with it, I saw something. At first, I only saw quick glimpses of it and I had no idea what it was. A few nights later, I saw it more clearly. Then I thought it was you."