I should've known better.

|| A n g s t ||

The sounds of the television echoed throughout the quiet room.

Paul had left Ringo home alone again. He often went out to 'write records' with John or to 'go over the music'.

Ringo always questioned why neither him or George where ever involved. Ringo especially found it suspicious because the drums were crucial for the rhythm.

Ringo yawned as a commercial about juice came on.
He freed himself from the cozy white blanket that was wrapped around him and went into the kitchen.

He poured himself some water and looked at the table. His eyes were focused on the car keys.

John picked Paul up so he even had the car to himself.

"I suppose a little cruise won't be so bad.." he said aloud, grabbing the metal keys and heading outside.

He quickly hopped into the car and started the engine. His ringed hands took hold of the steering wheel and his feet positioned above the gas.

He drove out of the driveway and onto the road. The sun was setting and everything seemed so calm.

After a while of driving, he parked on the side of the road. He got out of the vehicle and sat on a boulder, facing the sun.

The stars were already coming out, and the warm yellow and purple hues turned into a darker blue.

Oh, how Ringo wished to be with Paul at that moment. They would hold hands, while telling each other how much they adored one another.

Ringo couldn't take the loneliness anymore.

He stomped back into the car and slammed the door. He drove off to John's home.

When he got there, John's vehicle was still there, meaning that Paul was there.

He ran out of the car and onto the welcome mat. He angrily knocked on the fine wooden door.

" . . ."

No answer. Ringo was getting annoyed and he grabbed the metal handle and slammed the door open.

He stomped upstairs to the studio, standing outside the door, hoping to hear sounds of Paul's Hofner bass and John's Rickenbacker.

Instead he heard whispers and loud moans.
"More, John.....ngh.. more."

Ringo didn't dare to open the door. He already knew what was happening and instead ran downstairs and drove out of there.

His hand shook on the steering wheel as tears ran down his cheeks.

He was heartbroken.

Soon enough, he found himself knocking on George's house door.
The door immediately opened as if George were expecting him.

It didn't take him two seconds to know what Ringo was crying about. "Yew found out. I was afraid to tell ya'. I didn't want ye' to hate me. I figured yew would find out on yer own." George looked at the ground.

Ringo nodded and was invited inside of  George's lovely home.

George sat on a large velvet couch and patted the seat next to him, gesturing for Ringo to join him.
Ringo plopped down next to the tall guitarist and sighed.

"I...I thought he really loved me." Ringo's blue eyes began to become glassy.

George placed his hand on the drummers back, rubbing it in a circular motion to comfort him.