Prologue

----------------------------------------------------------

Ryder Summers

The Party raged on but I found no interest in it.  I had seen 3 years of it, and I know that you were supposed to spend the last year raging, but after doing it every Friday for three years, I56 PARTYS!  you just want a break.

'Ryder!  Come upstairs and play truth or dare with us!'  Connor my friend yells at me but I can bearly hear him over the music.

'Yeah baby, come upstairs and maybe we can do something about this shirt.'  The girl that had been clinging to my t-shirt was staring up at me with a seductive -or what I think was seductive- look on her face, kinda mixed between a constipated donkey and a little kid who had gotten shampoo in their eye.

Kindly declining her by pushing her off my lap and storming away.  I make my way upstairs and to Connor's room where a group of half-drunk people sat in a circle.  Connor pats an empty spot next to me and winks, which I choose to ignore and just plonk down beside him.

'INTENSE TRUTH OR DARE!' He yells and everyone that was talking started to cheer, that was Connor's gift to this hell-hole world.  To hype everyone up to do shitty things they'll regret but everyone will remember.

We all grab a can of beer and get comfortable on the not-so-comfortable floor.

The game was a bit different than your normal truth or dare because usually, you do the dare right then.  Intense truth or dare is based on how big of a dare-devil you are.  For example, someone new to the group is dared to spend the next day mute.  But huge dare-devils have to spend the next week without speaking and have one of us with them 24/7 to make sure.

At the end, you end up winning nothing but the fact that you did it.

Katie, one of Connors side chicks, or as he says 'The lucky woman to have a tenth of his attention.'

That's a load of shit and he knows it.

Katie's dared first.  Having to spend tomorrow and tonight naked, she refuses and strips to her underwear much to Connors disappointment.

After she goes, she dares someone else and the rest of the night goes like that till it's my turn.

Connor turns to me with a smirk because the both of us were known to be the biggest dare-devils.

'I, Connor O'William dare you, Ryder Shaw Summers to close your eyes and scroll through your phone contacts and pick one randomly.  The number you pick, you have to talk to every day for the next two weeks.

Well played Connor, he knew that I had a shit load of girls names on my phone so the person that I'd end up talking to will probably.  No.  Most likely be a stalker.

I smirk at him.

'Challenge excepted,'

Taking out my phone I pull out my contacts and pass it to Connor who holds the phone out to me, everyone watched as I closed my eyes and swiped my phone.  After a few seconds, I swipe again and let it slide for a minute before stopping.

'Done,'  I say and Connor snatches the phone from me to read my contact.

'Huh?' He asks and turns to look at me with a confused look.

'It just has 'Childhood' as the contact number.'  I look at him confused at who it was before shrugging and snatching the phone from him.

'Only one other way to find out who it is then,'  I say and press call.

It rings for a few seconds before someone picks up.

'Hello? Winters speaking, how may I help you on this shitty afternoon?  Actually no, it's not that shitty, I mean it could be but it's not today! I told my professor to go fuck himself so now I'm feeling pretty confident.  AND I found a dollar on the road.'

The voice was smooth and floated into my ears.  Winters.  Winters.  Of course it was.

But how did I end up with her phone number?

I realize I had been silent and that Santana-Daire probably thought I was a creep right now.

'You don't talk?  Oh, okay well I have to go!  My friends coming at me with a giant book about plants that has a really hard surface.  I don't really wanna die so if I don't text this number in an hour I'm dead and tell my brother that I was the one that killed his fish.

......

'She hasn't changed at all,'  I say with a grin.

-----------------------------------------

CONNOR!  LOGAN PAUL! [I felt like they were a good fit]