We're Family

Ezra yawned as he woke up. Cricking his neck and toes, he sat up and rubbed his eyes. Glancing over at his clock, Ezra saw it was right thirty.

'Time to start the day' he thought.

With a stretch, Ezra vaulted down from his bed and went to his closet. Opening it, he pulled out his normal outfit and went to the refresher.
____________________________

After his shower and putting his pyjamas back under his pillow, Ezra went out to the common room. He was surprised to see everyone there, talking excitedly.

"Good morning Ezra" Hera greeted when he walked in.

"Hey Hera, what's going on here?" Ezra asked.

"Just discussing a special event" Kanan replied.

"That is?" Ezra raised a brow.

"Ezra, do you know what month it is?" Sabine inquired.

"Uh, no?"

"It's December. And do you know what's in December?"

"Um..."

"Christmas!" Sabine exclaimed.

"Jeez kid, it isn't rocket science" Zeb rolled his eyes.

"Ezra, you alright?" Hera asked, noticing the teen's still form.

The boy didn't make a noise, he just opened and closed his mouth a few times but nothing came out.

"Ezra?" Kanan said in concern.

"Y-You guys celebrate Christmas?" Ezra finally uttered.

"Yeah, we were thinking of spending it on Naboo and or a nice place where we can relax. Why do you sound so surprised?" Sabine inquired.

"I...I haven't had a Christmas since...since my...my" Ezra could barely say his sentence.

"Since your parents were taken away?" Hera asked.

Ezra's chest was too tight to answer so he simply nodded, head bowed. The crew shared a sympathetic glance at one another. Hera stood up and walked over to Ezra. Placing a hand on his rigid shoulder, Hera put a finger under the teen's chin and lifted it. Ezra however, refused to make eye contact with her.

"Ezra" Hera said, voice calm and soothing.

"Can you look at me please?"
Ezra hesitated before slowly lifting his eyes to the Twe'lik.
"I know the pain you've experienced since Mira and Ephraim were taken. After my mother died, I had invisible scars ripped through my heart. While you can't see them from the outside they're there. Scars that you can't see are the ones that sting, sometimes in the worst way. Those scars may never heal, but the pain can be soothed by ones who care about you."

Hera motioned to the crew behind her.

"We're family Ezra, which means we'll look after one another forever. Christmas is part of that. It's why we celebrate it. We look back on how many times we've helped everyone in some way or another. I can understand why this may not be the greatest time for you. But just keep in mind, that no matter what, we're right here."

Ezra gazed into the gentle, emerald green eyes of Hera. Affection and love clear as crystal in her pupils. It made a warm feeling fill Ezra's heart. He finally cracked a smile, a genuine one. Hera returned it, gently squeezing the boy's shoulder.

"Christmas is coming" Ezra said, placing a hand over Hera's

"We'd better start the festivities."

"Now that is a plan I like that sound of" Sabine grinned.

What should happen next?
PWESE GIVE ME IDEAS!!!!

Thanks!

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲