Trees and Snow

Suggested to me by Maartje0110 Sabine_Wren_21 ghost1643

The Ghost jumped from hyperspace, approaching a large white planet.

"Here we go, we'll get our tree here" Hera told the crew over the com.

Hera piloted the ship down to the planet, unable to stop smiling. She always enjoyed this time of year. As they went further down, trees dotting the landscape appeared. All green, large and rather bushy. Pine trees.
Hera set the Ghost down and switched off the controls.

Hera stood and walked from the cockpit to the entry hall. She found everyone else there, the ramp lowered making a cold draft swoop through the ship. Chopper warbled saying he was staying on the ship because snow froze his circuits. The crew walked down the ramp and looked out at the sight before them. The sun made the snow glisten while small flecks of ice rested on the trees like fairy lights. Small critters jumped from here to there, making footprints in the snow.

"Wow" Ezra stared.

"I never knew snow and ice could be so...beautiful."

"We've gotta be outta here before nightfall so let's find our tree" Sabine said.
_____________________________

Ezra gazed around at the animals doing their own thing. He always appreciated wildlife and nature so this was quite a nice change from battling all the time. He felt a sudden weight smack him in the back, almost making him faceplant into the snow. He turned to see Sabine trying to keep a straight face, gazing at him.

"What was that? Did you throw that?" Ezra asked wiping small flecks of ice off his jacket.

"Maybe, maybe not" Sabine shrugged.

Ezra raised a brow at the Mandalorian before smirking. The girl turned away from the boy as he scooped a handful of snow in his hands.

"Hey Sabine" he said.

"Yeah Ez..." Sabine turned to look at him before being thrown off her feet as a snow ball smacked her in the face.

Sabine blinked a few times, stunned as she shook her head to clear it. She heard laughter and looked up to see Ezra beside himself with giggles. Grinning mischievously at her.

"Why you son of a" Sabine grinned scrambling to her feet and pelting a snowball at him.

"Woah!" Ezra ducked the cold sphere in time and smirked at Sabine.

"Oh you wanna play this game huh? Alright then."

He grabbed some snow and compacted it into a ball. He threw it at Sabine who dodged and threw one of her own.

"You're going down Bridger!" Sabine yelled.

"Yeah right, I'm gonna own you Wren!"

"Ha! In your dreams!"
______________________________

"Timber!" Kanan yelled as his lightsaber sliced through a pine tree.

The tree fell into the snow with a soft thump and bits of white flew out from underneath.

"Good cut" Hera remarked.

"Straight through and even."

Kanan put his weapon away and raised his head.

"Can you hear that?" He asked.

"Hear what?" Zeb inquired.

They fell silent, listening carefully. The faint sound of laughter reached their ears.