Chapter One

Autumn breath against my shadow. Haunted with the night, as I go to meet you once more. Will I fly when tonight ends? With ethereal wings of light airy joy?Or will I cower in the shadows and fight for a living breath to find its way to me? My life is in your hands. I can do nothing more but let these stick legs carry me the distance that separates us from one another.

I see you. Your hollow form against the moonlight. A dancing silhouette in the wind beckoning me forward until again I am by your side. Those eyes, those damning eyes, that bewitch my soul from even here. Do you long to have me near you? As much as I do?

I walk to you with my face down so you don’t notice the awe in my eyes. Your a god amongst us all and you don’t even realize it.

“Hi”.

“Hi.”

“I’ve missed you.”

“You have?”

“Of course.”

My cheeks betray me as rose kisses the pale flesh. I was worthy of being missed.”I missed you too.”

I look up into those eyes. My breath locks in my throat. How could any human boy ever be this attractive? My eyes trace his face, the chiseled jawline, the raven black hair falling down his shoulders, those soft lips in which I longed to taste, and then again to those gorgeous blue eyes boring deep into mine. I’m a diary, open to show its crumpled faded pages, at this very moment.

He smiles, that dark mysterious smile of his.”I texted you.”

“I know.”

“You never replied.”

“ I didn’t know what to say.”

"Anything. I just wanted to talk to you.”

“I’m sorry.”

He sighs.”You’re here now that’s all that matters.”

“It is?”

“Absolutely.”

He reaches up to touch my face. Those long slender fingers brushing against my tender skin. I try not to breathe. Or move for that matter. I keep my eyes trained on his face. Playing strong was so hard to do in front of him. Did he suspect that everything I was was a lie? I hoped not.

“You’re so beautiful,” he breathes.

There it is. The diamond with a hundred faucets each screaming their lies at me. I was a lot of things but beautiful wasn’t one of them. If only he knew what lurked beneath the surface. The ribs that poked out from the thin layer of skin and the layers of fat that didn’t really exist. I was skin and bones. Beautiful to a demon but never to him.

“You’re a liar.”

He leans down, his smile gone and his lips parted seductively.Does he think he can change my reflection in the mirror? He pulls my face to his gently and hesitates a moment letting his warm breath fan across my face. I just about fall to pieces. He collides with me in a plunge of darkness as his lips meet mine in a fatal kiss.

“I love you,” he falters for breath.

“I know.”

“Do you?”

“Do I what?”

“Love me?”

Did I? The question hovered in the air around us, hushed in silence, dragged down by my inner subconscious. I loved to love for nothing in return. If only he knew….

“Yes.” .

He bestows his devastating smile upon me. I waver between the blurred lines of this me and the other me.