ll . s i x (b) • the spy

For the rest of the way to the junkyard, all three of us were joking around and laughing. Steve randomly pulled out his sunglasses, and told us they were a necessity, which Dustin and I just laughed at.

"I think that's the junkyard." I called to them, pointing in the direction I thought I saw a rusty old car. Steve and Dustin both looked in the direction I was pointing and we picked up pace just to fully be in the junkyard.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, this will do." Steve said once all three of us had decently made our way into the junkyard.

"This will do just fine. Good call dude." He said walking forwards, taking off his sunglasses and putting them back on after. Dustin began to smile like the cheshire cat, and followed behind Steve dropping more chopped cubes of meat. As we got to the middle of the yard, we poured a pile of meat out as our primary feeding ground for Dart.

"I said medium-well!" We all looked up to see Lucas and Max standing beside his bike, Lucas waving before they both made their way towards us.

"Whose that?" Steve asked noticing, to him the unfamiliar redhead girl. He looked at Dustin and then to me, I didn't say anything but raised my eyebrows hoping he would get the hint. His eyes went wide and looked back to Max and back to Dustin.

"I need to talk to you." Dustin told Lucas once they made their way down the small hill to where we were. Lucas agreed and they went behind the rusty orange car to talk in private, while the rest of us began setting up around the area.

"Hey! Dickheads!" Steve called to the two boys after hitting the car they were behind with an equally rusty chair

"How come the only people helping me out is this random girl and Hazel? We lose light in forty minutes, lets go. Let's go, I said!" Steve yelled hurrying them to come and help. I was close enough to hear what Dustin and Lucas said next.

"Alright, asshole. God!" Dustin yelled back, jumping around the corner of the vehicle

"Okay! Stupid." Lucas said as he followed behind, causing me to laugh at their choice of words.

We all began building up metal around the inside and outside of the bus wall and the windows. We had piles of metal sheets ready to grab for the bus. After lining the bus with the metal sheets, all five of rolled oil drums carefully down the small hill.

Steve began pouring gas onto the pile of meat, and then continuing the line close to the bus, but not right beside it. Helping Max put the ladder she found inside the bus so we could go onto the roof was the last thing we had to do before we all made our way onto the bus surrounded by our makeshift protective barrier.

The sun was starting to go down when we finished and got on the bus, now we have to sit and wait until Dart shows up. Probably a few hours had passed by with us sitting and waiting in the bus, when it was completely dark out and fog began to roll in, and there was still no sign of Dart. Lucas had climbed onto the roof to watch for Dart, Max, Steve and I were all sitting down but Dustin was walking back and forth in the bus.

"So, you really fought one of these things before?" Max asked breaking the silence that filled the bus. Steve continued flicking open his lighter, and nodded his head to say yes.

"And you're, like one hundred percent sure it wasn't a bear?" Max asked for reassurance.

"Shit, don't be an idiot, okay. It wasn't a bear. Why are you even here if you don't believe us? Just go home." Dustin told her in response to her question.

"Dustin? What the hell, don't talk to her like that." I said annoyed that Dustin would even say that to someone.

"Someones cranky. Past your bedtime?" Max asked sarcastically and scoffed, then made her way up the ladder towards where Lucas was.