Chapter 4

"Bye Felicia "

"Come on just think about i.t. Please ?"

"No ma'am I will not an don't even try to think about having him pop up at my house."

"Can you please stop being difficult an just try i.t out. You might like him."

"In what language do I have to tell you no for you to get i.t?" I asked sarcastically.

"What's all the yelling for ?" My mom asked as she came strutting out of her office. "Nothing mother." I said as I turned to the refrigerator.

"My boyfriends' brother wants to take Brooke on a date an she's saying no before she even meets him." Baeli told my mom.

Even though I knew she didn't care about what was going on in my life.

"Well Nina don't you think you're being a bit rude?" My mom asked me.

"No I do not feel like i'm being rude. I have the choice to accept or decline an offer. I kindly send my regards." I smiled big at her.

I walked halfway down the hallway an heard my moms voice say. "She'll go."

Who the heck does she think she is. She doesn't worry about anything else in my life but his one time i need her to be distant she wants to care. The nerve.

I sat in my bed an began munching on my pickle an finishing my show.

"Brook come on we have to get you ready." Baeli said as she walked into my room. "I'm not going , I wasn't playing." I said as I took a bite.

"He's on his way , we don't have time. I still have to get dressed myself." She told me.

She opened my closet and began looking around, moving hangers, comparing shoes. I don't know what for I still wasn't going.

"Oh an I forgot to tell you Max asked about you." I heard her say.

"For what ?" Max hung with Sam an that little football crew. I remember my freshman year he tried to talk to me but when he found out I was a freshman he told everyone I kept playing with him. Typical jock.

"He told me to tell you he misses you an to tell you hey. I told him I would but when Alex told me he wanted to take you with us I totally forgot."

"Too bad Alex will be by himself tonight." I let out a small laugh.

"Stop fucking playing Brooklyn Carter, get the fuck up and get dressed."

"Where are we even going?"

"The movies honey."

"Fine whore." I only gave in because I love the movies. Not because she called me way out of my name .

I slid out of my bed an walked to the restroom.

Time to beat this face... ughh

I began doing my makeup as well as flat ironing my hair. I was coming together nicely. No use of getting dolled up to be sitting in a dark room.

Baeli had picked out a short black dress that to my last recognition I remember wearing to a funeral. But no one knows that but me an the lord.

an now you..

As I helped Lee strap on her sandals I hear my mom calling for us.

"Girls the gentlemen are here."

"Crap lemme blend first." Baeli rushed to my mirror to blend her contour.

"Hello young men, I am Kimberly Carter. Brooklyn's mother."

"Okay come on." I hear baeli say from the hallway. She was finally ready.

As I walk behind Baeli I began to hear a voice that's all to familiar.

"Max ?" I asked shocked.

"Surprise baby girl." He said as he gently looked up at me an flashed that perfect smile.

"Baeli I'm going to kick your ass." I whispered to her as I walked pass her.

"Wow babe you look amazing." Rickey told Baeli.

"That goes for you too Brook, you look like a bag of money." He said as he reached for my hand.

I rudely snatched my hand away from him. "Long time no see Max." I said to him.

I cannot believe Baeli . Setting me up on a date with one of the first few people who wanted to make me to commit murder.

Then she had the neeerrvvveee to lie to me. Like sis i'm a big girl I can handle i.t. That's why she told me he said hey earlier. She wanted to catch my reaction to his name.

I should choke her out right about now.

"Yea I know , it's been way to long."

I couldn't stand that smirk on his face. I just want to slap him so bad.

"I just want to slap you so bad right now." I admitted. "I deserve that." He said following with a joking laugh.

"That's why i'm here to make i.t up to you."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes an snatched my keys off the counter.

"Bye ma."

"Bye Mama Kim."

"I.t was nice meeting you Mrs. Carter."

"You be carful with my babies." She said as she stood at the doorframe of the house.

"I'll make sure they get home safe Mrs. Kim don't worry." Rickey said as he was the last to leave out of the house.

I followed Max to his car which to my surprise was beautiful than ever. If he didn't have anything else he had style. That's for sure.

He opened up the passenger door an moved aside so I could get in. "Thank you." I muttered to him as I sat down.

He climbed into the driver seat an then pulled off behind Rickey.

"So how have you been baby girl ?" He asked me.

Small talk .. typical .

"I can't complain." I said as I powered my phone on.

"How about you ?" I turned to him.

"Great actually. I started my new job , I get to come back to the lake , skin clearing up, hair cut looking fresh. I can't complain neither." He said smiling large.

He snickered as his words.

"What ?! Big Bad Brooklyn smiles ? I'm appalled ." He said holding his chin.

"Oh shut up." I said as I rolled my eyes.

In minutes we were in front of the movie theater. I reached for my door but before I could grip the handle he popped my hand away. "Stop that shit." Is all he said before he got out an opened my door.

As I trailed behind him I couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked. He had on some white jeans , with a baby blue polo shirt and shoes to match.

He looked like a hood dude when they finally decide to dress up.

"Did he break the ice?" Baeli whispered to me as we stood by waiting for them to get the tickets.

"Yes.. Don't think you're in the clear I wanna hurt you so bad but i'm gone let you slide."

"Aww." she said as she wrapped around my neck an hugged me.