Chapter 8

Bo's POV

It's been a day since my attempted murder of Klaus, I've been in my dimensional plane since than to calm down and to avoid Klaus; god, he makes my blood boil. Anyway, enough avoidance I have to see how Davina is doing since losing her friend. I teleport back to New Orleans near The Mikaelson Compound, suddenly the entire city starts to shake "What the hell?" I say, then I run into the compound "What the hell is going on?!" Rebekah exclaims, Klaus comes out from the balcony with a grim look on his face "Davina." He says.

I feel around for Davina's magic and teleport to where she is "Davina." I say "Bo..." She says back, I pull her into a hug "Davina, what's going on, was this you?" I ask looking at the dirt on her bed. She nods "I didn't do it on purpose. I don't know what's wrong with me." Davina says distressed, I give her another hug "I think, I know what's wrong." I say.

She looks at me "You do?" Davina asks "Yes, but you're not going to like it." I say "What is it?" She asks "It's the power inside of you from the harvest is too much. One person isn't meant to hold the power of three witches." I tell her. Davina looks even more worried at what I said "So, what does that mean?" She asks, I give her a sorrowful look "It means, the harvest has to be completed or the entire city will be destroyed." I say.

Davina shakes her head no "No. No! The witches were lying about the harvest!" Davina exclaims "Davina, the witches weren't lying. I've seen the harvest myself, centuries ago. It's gruesome but the witches sacrificed do come back to life, I promise." I say looking her in the eyes. Davina calms down a bit and looks at me for a moment "You promise, I'll come back to life?" Davina asks "Yes. I can't see why you wouldn't." I say reassuring her.

I go to Klaus' study and find Elijah, Klaus, and that Deveraux witch; Sophie I think is her name "Klaus, we need to complete the harvest." I say "Funny, that's what the witch said. Now, why are you saying it, planning to use the witches against us, Bo?" Klaus accuses. I sigh then I glare at Klaus "No, I don't need witches to kick your ass. Besides, I've seen this ritual before and it works. We have to complete this harvest before the city topples into rubble." I say as wind starts to pick up, opening up all the windows in the compound.

I'm in Davina's room where she lays in bed sedated; I feel a presence behind it's Marcel "Are you sure about this?" He asks solemnly "Yes, I've seen the ritual myself." I answer "Why didn't you say anything while you were teaching her control?" He asks slightly angry. I turn around to face him "At that time, I had a feeling you interrupted a ritual but I didn't know what kind it was until you told me her story. When I figured it out, I couldn't think of way to convince you to complete a sacrificial ritual. And I really hoped it wouldn't come to it." I say looking down at the floor. I feel a hand on my shoulder "It's all right, Bo. I know you would never intentionally put Davina in harm's way." Marcel says then pulls me into a hug, I bury my face in his chest holding back tears.

We're all at the Lafayette Cemetery to complete the harvest as it rains profusely "Do you believe in the harvest?" Sophie asks Davina, she nods nervously "I believe." Davina answers. Sophie raises the blade and slits Davina's throat, I swallow a lump in my throat as the rain stops and I feel the magic leave Davina and flow into the earth "After the harvest comes the reaping. Their sacrifices made and accepted. We call upon our Elders to resurrect the chosen ones." Sophie says.

Nothing happens "We call upon our Elders to resurrect the ones... resurrect your chosen ones... please? I beg..." Sophie begs as nothing happens again she falls to her knees "No!" She shouts. I become numb; I look at everyone present, Marcel gives Klaus a hateful look and me a look of disappointment then vamp-speeds away. I fall to my knees look down at my hands, I don't understand I've seen this work before, what's different? What am I missing?

I'm back at the compound, thinking about what I missed then an idea popped into my head. I concentrated really hard, feeling around for anything that resembled the harvest energy. I feel four magical presences in New Orleans with harvest energy and then some "Impossible." I say aloud with an edge to it, someone hijacked the harvest ritual.

Two days have passed since the ritual, I'm at Rousseau's sitting at the bar staring down at my drink. I hear someone come in, it's Marcel "Looks like I should've been here last night." Marcel says as Cami brandishes an empty liquor bottle at him "Before you try anything, I'm on vervain." Cami says "Yeah, Klaus mentioned you broke free of his compulsion. Good for you. Sophie around?" Marcel asks "No. Why?" Cami answers "Got a witch problem. Thought she might have answers. Mind if I wait?" Marcel asks, he sits down and grabs a bottle then pours himself a drink.

Cami give Marcel a look "It's a little early for day drinking. Let me guess Klaus problems. I thought you'd be on top of the world now that you have Davina back." She says, Marcel sighs from grief "Davina is gone." He says "Was it Klaus? I told him, if he hurt her..." Cami says then Marcel tells her that Davina's power was too much for her and that we tried to fix her with the ritual but something went wrong "Marcel, I'm sorry." Cami says sincerely "Yeah, me, too." Marcel says then takes a drink.

Marcel notices me a few seats away from him "Bo." He says "Marcel." I say back, Marcel's phone keeps ringing, it's probably Klaus. Marcel tells us a story of a witch that went up against Klaus, how Klaus invites the witch to his home to learn of his weaknesses then he goes in for the kill.

Suddenly I feel a powerful magical presence enter the bar "Poor Marcellus. You remain always in the shadow of your father. Climb out from beneath it, will you, so you can die like a man?" The Witch says "Cami, Bo, you need to run now. Don't look back. Just go." Marcel says, I scoff "Like hell, I'm not leaving you to face this witch alone." I say "I think they should stay. I prefer an audience, and I'm about to put on quite the show." The Male Witch says "Marcel?" Cami says Panicked "I said get out of here." Marcel says then charges at the witch but the witch easily swats him away "You cannot defeat me. I channel the power of an original vampire. Soon, I will have all three. But first, I will take you." The Witch says to Marcel.

I scoff "You'll have to get through me first." I say, creating a sword made entirely of light then I charge the witch slashing at him. He dodges every slash I throw at him then he grabs me by the throat and slams my head against the bar, I fall to the ground in a daze trying to keep my eyes open. In my dazed state, I see the witch crouch down in front of Marcel "As I recall, you're one of the few people Niklaus Mikaelson ever gave a damn about. You know what he did to my family." He said as starts to carve symbols into Marcel's forehead with his bone blade.

Marcel screams in pain as he starts to desiccate and I try to get up to save him "The sins of the Father are paid for by the Son. I will take pleasure in telling Klaus how you died." The Witch taunts as he's about to land the killing blow but Klaus appears and stops him from killing Marcel.

I sigh in relief as I get up to my feet, Klaus sees me hurt and his expression turns from angry to murderous as he looks towards the witch "I remember killing you. I rather relished it. what a joy it is to relive fond memories." Klaus says "You're here. Good. I can crush you before the eyes of your son. Then, I will consume you both and maybe the Fae as well. This time, I'm stronger." The Witch says. Klaus struggles against the witch, when I suddenly feel his magic weaken then I shoot a ball of light at The Witch stunning him.

Klaus and I rush to Marcel to see if he's alive and he is barely, thank god "He needs blood. Bo, find someone off the street." Klaus says "I'll do it." Cami says "No. Not you. I don't want you involved in this." Klaus says concerned "Too late for that, Klaus. Don't worry, Cami, I'll give him a drop of my blood. It'll heal him faster." I say.

Klaus looks at shocked then looks furious "No! Are you out of your mind?! You know what your blood does to vampires!" Klaus exclaims "You better calm down before I punch you in the nose." I threaten, Klaus glares at me. I ignore him as create a dagger of light, I prick my finger and let a droplet of blood fall on Marcel's mouth.

The color returns to his face and he gasps awake then he sees me and puts his hand to his mouth "Geez, does my blood taste that bad?" I ask "No, it's the most incredible blood I've ever tasted." Marcel says "Yeah, and that's the only time you'll ever taste it." I say then I leave the bar. That witch's energy was similar to the harvest energy and I'm willing to bet that there are three other witches that took the harvest girls place. I bet killing one of those witches is the key to reviving Davina and I'm gonna find out which one took her place.