thirteen

A/N: THE NET NEUTRALITY LAW WILL TAKE SEVEN MONTHS TO PASS YAASS YOUR FAVORITE BITCH IS BACK

BROOKLYN SUMMERS was as nervous as a girl can be. She was meeting her best friend! The smile on her face continues to grow as she thinks about meeting Finn more and more. She told her mom to leave so it won't be awkward. Her mom just went to the grocery store and is coming back soon. She trusts Brooke, and knows she's a good kid.

Pacing back and forth in her room, she feels her phone buzz in her hand. Immediately looking at her screen, a text from Finn appears.

MESSAGES now
FINN THE FISH
what is your hotel room I AM SHRIEKING I AM SO EXCITED
slide for more

She squeals a little, and replies with the number. Taking deep breaths and still pacing, she hopes that Finn will like her. Hopefully he thinks she's as funny as she was over messaging, if he even thought that. As more thoughts swirl around in her mine, she hears a patterned knock on the door.

She does a weird dance move, releasing all of her excitement before rushing to the door. She takes one more deep breath with her hand on the door handle, closing her eyes. After this you'll have a real friend! She said to herself.

Smiling once again, she opens the door to reveal a curly haired boy, a few inches taller than her, smiling even more than her.

It was Finn Wolfhard, of course.

Giving out a small shriek, and jumps in his arms. Finn starts laughing, hugging her tightly back. "I can't believe this is happening!!!" Finn says, while his voice is muffled from the massive hug, "I'm meeting my best friend!"

After quite a long time, Brooklyn pulls away and stares up at him, "I'm so excited!" Finn is smiling insanely, but he looks really emotional as well, making Brooklyn emotional.

"Why are we so sad?! This is happy!" Brooklyn says, wiping away her tears that just began to fall. "I-I'll explain later. Do you wanna grab something to eat?" Finn says. "Okay. That sounds great." I answer, giving a smile.

__

BROOKLYN'S POV
(I accidentally wrote it like
that and i'm way too
lazy to change it!)

I texted my mom that we were going out to eat, and she said yes and told me where she kept the money (and maybe for future use) and Finn and I started walking through the lobby of the hotel.

Some girls ask for photos and stuff, but I don't mind. Hopefully we'll actually get to talk without getting stopped every 10 seconds, though.

As we walk along the streets of Toronto, talking and catching up. "I know this great restaurant just a fee blocks away. The cast and I go there all the time."

I smile and he guides the way there. We sit down and order and everything, I feel really adult. My mom and I could never afford to go out. We took most of our savings from saving up for Christmas presents, to go on this trip.

When our food comes, I want to dig in right away, but Finn stops me by saying, "No! I have to get a picture of you and the food for the gram!" I roll my eyes and say, "You're worse than most of the girls in my class."

I finally get to eat, and Finn and I start to talk on a more personal level. "The reason I got so emotional is because..." He pauses for a second, "I was in a really tough place when we started texting. I was really stressed and didn't like being a public figure. You made me feel like a normal person when we would text. You got me through that. So, yeah. Kinda stupid, I know-"

I cut him off by objecting, "That's not stupid. That's so sweet. I'm being bullied at school, constantly for no reason, and you helped me through that too. We all go through stuff, and I'm glad we helped each other through it."

"Why do those girls bully you? You're amazing." He says. "Well, it's mainly just this girl, Shay and her group of friends, but nobody talks to me, really." I explain. "Well do you have any idea why you get bullied?" He asks.

I look down, and twiddle with my thumbs. "I'm a dancer." I say. "I'm actually really good, but they all just think it's weird. I don't know." "I don't think it's weird. I hope I get to see you dance someday."

Finn smiles and just stares at me, "I'm so glad I accidentally texted you." I laugh and say, me too!"

We finsih eating and Finn says, "Are you ready to meet the cast?"

__

yessssss i love my otp. btw the book of henry doesn't exist in this story.

🎈