twenty eight

IT HAD BEEN several weeks since Brooke came back to Idaho

IT HAD BEEN several weeks since Brooke came back to Idaho. She talked on the Losers group chat everyday, which Finn still hasn't joined back. He hadn't unblocked her or Jaeden either, which upset her.

She had been getting slammed with so many questions about whether her and Jaeden were dating or not. They only posted pictures of each other, nothing else. She didn't understand how people could make such a big deal over the smallest things.

IT had premiered 2 months ago, and Brooklyn was so proud of all of her best friends. It was incredible. Stranger Things season 2 had premiered as well, and she watched that too.

It was really painfull to have to watch Finn, after all that happened, but she was still proud of him. She mainly only watches season 2 because she had grown very close with Millie and Sadie. They were all hoping to have a sleepover with Sophia someday.

Brooklyn was sitting in her seat, reading a book called Stargirl, waiting for the Friday school hours to go by, as the teacher called her to her desk. "I just got a call from the Principal, she wants you to go down to her office for a bit."

Confused, Brooklyn furrows her eyebrows, but Mrs. Blue said, "Don't worry, you're not in trouble." Brooklyn smiled and went down to the principal's office. She didn't know why she would be called down. Maybe she forgot her lunch?

As she turned to enter through the door, she didn't see her principal. She saw a tall, curly haired boy standing, his back facing her. He turned, and Brooklyn almost fell to her knees.

"Gaten Matarazzo?!" She yelled, running up and hugging him as he turned to face her. He smiled and said, "Brookie!" So awesome to finally meet you!" Then, Noah Shnapp and Caleb McLaughlin came out from the corner. Another yelp excaped from Brooklyn's mouth. They hugged and the four caught up.

Brooklyn felt a light tap on her shoulder. She turned to see two of her internet best friends, Millie and Sadie, standing there and smiling.

They all squealed and embraced. Millie started to cry - which made Brooke cry - and then Sadie. All the kids talked and laughed. "What are you guys doing here?" Brooke asked.

Caleb's eyes shot to Gaten, giving him a look. Noah answered, "W-We're just stopping bye." He said. "Well thanks for getting me out of this hell hole." Brooklyn laughed.

As the conversation died down, Millie took Brooklyn by the arm and said, "Brookie, we actually have a surprise for you. Lets go outside for a second." Brooklyn was confused, but followed Millie.

As she walked into the empty hall, she saw nome other than Finn Wolfhard standing there, holding red balloons and a sign reading;

i'm a jerk
love you brooke

Brooklyn covered her mouth in shock, and started crying. Finn dropped the sign and ran and hugged her. He even lifted her off the ground, and Finn was pretty weak so he must have been really excited to see her.

The hug seemed to last forever. They didn't care how many people were watching ot how long they were taking, they were finally together again. After all the drama.

"Finn, I missed you so m-much." Brooklyn said, her voice shakey from crying.

"I'm so sorry how much of a dick I was, you don't deserve that. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions when you and Jaeden posted pictures if each other." Finn explained, as the two pulled away from each others grasp.

Brooke could see the tears welling up in Finn's eyes, just like the day they met. "And Brookie?" He begin, as the girl smiled at the nickname he gave her 3 months ago over text. "I am so, so proud of you."

__

Brooklyn got to get out of school early, so she and the cast walked to her house. They said they had been planning this for weeks with my mom. They were gonna stay for two nights and then fly back to wherever on Sunday. Brooke tried to tell Finn that her house wasn't big, but he didn't care.

He just wanted to spend the next two days with her.

The seven kids all messed around for a few hours. It was finally time to go to sleep, the boys slept in the living room and the girls in Brooke's room.

Sadie, Millie, and Brooke stayed up and talked until about 1:00 am. Then, both the girls went to sleep and Brooke was alone. She decided to go get some chocolate milk, her favorite.

As she walked into the kitchen, she sees Finn pouring himself his own glass of chocolate milk. No wonder they were best friends. She smiled and walked up to him. "Couldn't sleep either?" She asked.

Finn nodded the head, and handed her the glass. He made himself another. "Do you wanna go outside and talk for a bit?" He asked her. Brooke nodded, so they grabbed blankets, sat outside on old beach chairs, drinking chocolate milk at 1:00 am.

They talked about what they had been doinh for the past 2 months since they didn't ever talk. Finn talked about the IT and Stranger Things season 2 premieres. Brooklyn talked about the aftermath of the Chandelier video. "I'm going on the Ellen show soon and I'm meeting LeBron for dinner when I'm in LA for that, can you believe that?" She said, in disbelief.

"Oh my gosh, that's insane!" Finn said, looking at her face as the moonlight hits perfectly on her skin, making her glow.

"Can I talk to you about something?" He asks, still captivated with her glowing skin. Brooke nodded and smiled. Finn caught a sniff of her strawberry shampoo.

"I've had a huge crush on you forever. The reason I got so upset over everything is because I never liked someone the way I liked you. And seeing you always hang out with Jaeden made me mad. I wanted you to be with me. I figured out about the video because of my agent and whatever, I was upset. I remember Sophia telling me about the day you and Jaeden hung out because I was all busy. I was so hurt. I don't know why."

Brooklyn studied his face for a few moments before saying, "I-I've always liked you too, Wolfhard."

The two 14-year-olds felt time stop around them. Then, Finn put his hand behind Brooke's head, and kissed her. Brooklyn kissed back, finally getting back the boy she thought she lost.

As they pulled apart, Brooke said, "That was my first kiss, it was alright." And she smirked. Then with that, the two looked up into the sky filled with stars, snuggling on the old beach chairs with the blankets.

__

it's about damn time

🎈