Chapter 3: Paired up.

It was getting a little dark and I had a hard time finding the place. I saw some light and decided to walk towards it.

"You lost?' I heard a voice closely next to me saying.

I quickly turned around and saw James smirking.

"Dude you scared me." I panted, holding on to my chest.

James grabbed my hand, "Sorry, I didn't mean to. I just thought I'd come and get you."

I smiled, "It's fine. And thank you."

I noticed that he didn't let go of my hand as we walked to the campfire and I was pretty okay with that actually.

I threw the bags of marshmallows to Dustin, "Here ya go."

"Thanks, you're a sweetie." he smiled as he opened the bag and began making some S'mores.

James gave him a dirty look and placed me on a log.

He sat down next to me, "So, you're liking it so far?"

I shrugged, "I have to get used to all of this, but it's quite okay."

We all started talking for a while as Dustin handed us the S'mores.

I didn't hear much from Kendall nor Logan, but to be honest I couldn't care less. Dustin, James and Carlos were nice to me, so I held on to that. Three out of five was better than nothing, right?

A few minutes later my phone rang.

"Wow, we have reach here." I mumbled as I took a look at the screen.

I got up and walked to the bushes, "I have to take this, I'll be right back."

Before answering the phone I heard they guys suddenly talking to each other a lot. They were trying to keep it as quiet as they could, so I figured it was probably about me.

After a minute or 20 I walked back to the guys, sat down and sighed a little.

"Problems?" Logan asked me politely.

I shook my head, "No that was my mom. She's having a hard time that I'm gone for three months."

"Oh I'm sure your mom and dad love to have some alone time, without you now." he replied with a grin.

"My dad's not with my mom." I stated, looking at my S'more.

James leaned a little against me, "What happened, if I may ask?"

I shrugged, "He just left us. No particular reason. Not that I know of."

I looked down and felt James arm around my waist, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I haven't seen or spoken to him for over two years now. It's something you get used to." I stated as I quickly wiped away a tear with the back of my hand.

No one really said a word for the next two minutes.

Kendall got up and threw some water over the campfire, "We should go to sleep."

The guys all agreed with him and we cleaned the place up a little.

Logan walked up to me, "I'm sorry about your dad. I shouldn't have said it."

I shook my head, "No, you didn't know. It's fine."

He pulled me into a hug, "I'm still sorry."

"Thank you." I mumbled into his shirt.

*************

The next morning I woke up due to my alarm and it was pretty early. I groaned as I sat up in my bed.