The Article Ch 21

Draco POV

Hermione came home after talking with Scorp, she had owled me and said that there was something we needed to discuss, I was sure it was about the boy who had caused all of the trouble in the first place. Hermione would be angry with him, I was sure. I wasn't counting on what she was going to ask me, though.

"So, what do you need to talk about, sweetheart?" I asked her as she walked into the room.

"Draco, I know we said we never would, but McGonagall thinks it is a good idea to at least make it known. It might cause trouble for us, but she said it would help Scorp." 

"What is it, Hermione?" I was curious now.

"We need to show them." It was all she said in a sad, flat voice.

"Why." I was quiet.

"It is going to help Scorp. She said people in his own house would not talk to them because they think you are going to take over, or some stupid nonsense like that." She was getting angry. She always hated how people outside of our friends thought I was still a Death Eater. She would always say, "I put them away, as many as I could after the war. Why would I forget about all of that and marry you if you still were about that? I'm a muggle-born. These people are so thick." I laughed every time she talked about it, but deep down, I knew she was right.

"Okay, but only because it is going to help the kids." I tried to sound as confident as possible. Deep down, however, I was very scared of all of the questions and reporters that would try and get to me—the questions from friends. I knew people would think it was fake, but if a couple of families believed me and treated Scorp better, he would have people who would keep him safe.

At Hogwarts

Draco POV

We arrived in McGonagall's office the next morning, and for the first time in my life, she smiled at me. 

"Thank you so much, Mr. Malfoy. This is going to help, I promise. I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't think it would." She smiled at me once more before turning to Hermione.

"Now, I am going to introduce the two of you after saying some things to the students, and then you can say whatever you need to and show everyone. The reporter is an old friend of mine, and he actually writes down what happens, none of that magical quill nonsense. Dinner will be at 5 o'clock, like always. Please stay where students do not see you beforehand; no one knows you are coming, not even your son." She went over the plans twice more before going to class. That left Hermione and me in the Headmistress's office for 8 hours. What to do.

"Draco, do you think the kids are okay, I disappeared yesterday, and now we are gone again. I don't want them to worry." Hermione sounded upset.

"They are fine. Ginny always takes the best care of them. You know she came up with something to tell them, plus it is Wednesday, I am sure they are excited to be getting out of lessons." I laughed and pulled her into a hug. We sat down in some chairs by McGonagall's desk and talked. It had been a long time since the two of us had so much free time. We talked about Hogwarts and classes, our old rivalry, and the war. We talked about our last year and everything that had happened since it didn't even feel like 7 hours had passed. McGonagall came into her office and nodded, pleased we had not been anywhere to compromise the plan. She was nervous about how the students were going to react. Many of the older students had learned about the war and everything Hermione had done and how she was the brightest witch of her age. McGonagall didn't know how they were going to react to seeing her at Hogwarts. None of the Golden Trio had been back to Hogwarts in a long time. Twice Harry came to speak to a class, but Hermione and I had been married and had children right away that she always turned down the offer. She didn't want to be in the spotlight. She always told me she wanted to raise her family as Hermione Malfoy, not Hermione war heroine.