Christmas Eve Ch 22

Hermione POV

After the article came out, many different reporters came to the manor to get more information on the matter. However, Draco and I put defenses around the house so they could not get in. We didn't want the younger kids to be subjected to reporters who just wanted the latest scoop; they didn't really care if it was true or not. 

It has been around 2 months, and Scorp is about to come home for holiday break. I am happy to see my son again. We are having the annual Christmas Eve ball that the Malfoys' have every year. Scorpius asked if he could invite Molly. I was unsure how her parents would take that, so I haven't answered yet, I owled Ginny to see if she would meet me for lunch today with her mother so I could ask Molly Weasley about it before I get into contact with Percy. I thought that would be the best way to go about this. 

"Molly," I called with a smile as I walked into the restaurant. I struggled with the twins, who were getting increasingly strong and were trying to pull me in separate directions. Molly stood up and smiled. She came over and took Cassi into her arms; even though she was getting older, she still had a magical way with children. 

"Now, who are you, dear?" She asked in the same sweet voice that she always had.

Cassi looked at me; we had long conversations about strangers, I nodded, and she looked at Molly with a wide smile, "I am Cassiopeia, but everyone calls me Cassi," she pointed to her brother, "and that is Orion." 

"It is nice to meet you both. I heard you know my grandchildren, James, Albus, and Lily," Molly said with a smile.

Cassi's face lit up, "I do. Lily, Orion, and I are best friends." She squealed. 

"Well, they should be here soon." Molly put Cassi into the booth, and Orion followed suit after saying hello.

"Molly, it has been so long. I am so glad you could make it." I was pulled into a bone-crushing hug. 

"I don't know why you ever made yourself a stranger in my household Hermione, but I will have it no longer. I miss you." She had a slight scowl, knowing exactly why I hadn't been over in so long. 

"I am so sorry, Molly. I promise I will do better." I smiled weakly at her. I had missed her. She was like a mother to me, and I had basically cut off their entire family after what had happened with Ron. It was so long ago, but it still hurt me to think about it. "You know we are having a Christmas Eve ball; I would love it if you and Arthur would come. Ginny and Harry are coming with the kids, and I think Teddy and Andromeda might even come as well. Cissy finally made up with her after all these years. That is really why I wanted to speak to you." I was about to ask when I heard Cassi squeal again. Lily was running towards us with Ginny and Albus not far behind.

"Ginny, dear," Molly asked as she got to hug her daughter.

"Hi Gin, how are you?" I asked.

"I am good, just a crazy morning; sorry, I am late. Harry got sick and was acting like a complete baby." She sat down with a thud.

Molly and I laughed, "Where is Lyra, 'Mione?" Ginny asked me.

"She went to work with her father today, he found out about bring your child to work day from someone who works there and lives in the muggle world, and he was so excited about it. He insisted they participated. I wouldn't let him take the twins because I don't think there would have been a company left if they went too." I said with a smile. My twins reminded me so much of Fred and George. 

"So did you ask her yet, Hermione?" Ginny asked a bit more seriously.

"I was about to when you walked in," I turned to Molly, who looked concerned, "Scorpius met Molly at Hogwarts, and they have become great friends. He asked me if she could go to the ball as well. I know that James and Molly are his two best friends, and having them there would make it more fun for him. I didn't know how Percy would take it; it is Christmas Eve after all." I looked at her, hopeful that I would be able to deliver good news to my son later that day when I picked him up.