Letters Home CH 31

Dear Mother and Father,

I had a good train ride. Scorp, Molly, James, and I all sat together in a compartment. A boy named Teddy stopped by and talked to us for a little bit, and then before we got there, James and Scorpius got into a fight. James told me later that Scorpius didn't want me to know something, and James thought I should be able to know if I want. Why would he want to keep things from me? 

Anyway, the people I share a dorm with are nice, there are only 3 other girls from my year sorted into the same house, so there is an extra bed. It is nice; I convinced them to ask McGonagall to move it out and move a small chair and a table in the room for homework. 

I am sure you are wondering what house I am sorted into. Well, I am a Gryffindor. Father, don't be too upset. Scorp seems to have a lot more friends this year than last. I am sure he is living up to the great Malfoy name for Slytherin. At this rate, the family could have someone in every house if Cassi is sorted into Hufflepuff, and Orion is sorted into Ravenclaw. That would be amazing.

One last thing before I get back to my essays, Father, the tree in the courtyard, is giant. Professor Longbottom thought you might want to know. It is beautiful, and there are so many cards and letters and little gifts inside the boxes that every year, he told me that they have to add more lanterns and other things to put the letters in. I can't believe you both thought of something like this. It is wonderful, and I read under the tree all of the time. I love it, and I love both of you. Tell Cassi and Orion that I miss them.

Love,

Lyra Malfoy.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Mom and Dad, 

I wanted to let you know that Lyra is in Gryffindor. She seemed pleased with herself. I am proud of her. Also, I know she probably told you already, but I got into a fight with James. It was fine until Molly got into the middle of it. We have worked it out since and are fine now. James tells me every day how Lyra is handling being away; apparently, she is perfect all of the time, not that we expected any less from her. I haven't asked him yet if she has said anything about the nightmares. If she starts having them again, I might talk to the Headmistress about it. Don't worry, the three of us are looking out for her. I miss you all.

Yes, mom, I am doing my studies.

Love you all,

S

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Dad,

I need some advice on Scorpius and Lyra. We got into a fight on the train about how he didn't want me to tell her something, but I thought she deserved to know. Should I have not told her? He is her big brother and her family. I just thought she deserved to know. I ended up telling her because she asked me about it. Did I do the right thing?

Thanks, Dad,

James

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mom,

I had a good first night. Lyra was sorted into Gryffindor, just like I knew she would be. She even sat next to me, and we talked. I give her space, and I am not doing anything dumb. I have been studying with Molly and Scorpius, and I have not gotten into any fights with anyone. Well, I   haven't hit anyone. Scorpius and I were in a fight, but everything is fine now. Hope Albus and Lily and doing alright. I miss you all.

Love,

James

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mom and Dad,

I think that this year is going to go much better than last. Scorp and I have already made many new friends, and I am becoming better friends with Lyra. I put your letter into a lantern dad, and I wrote one as well. I miss you guys. 

Molly