The Breakout Ch 26

Draco POV

Scorp walked up to me one-day last week with a letter in his hand. "Dad?" He asked. He sounded serious, so I turned to him and looked at him intently. "Molly said Blaise visited her and that Grandma Cissy is distraught you haven't written to her. I thought you did, though." I could sense the nerves in his voice. We had been having such a good vacation, it was already halfway over already, and I was starting to wonder when something bad was going to happen.

"I did, son. I cannot tell you what it is about yet, alright." I was panicking. Harry told me about escape attempts that were going on before we left, and Blaise and I thought of a plan if anything were to happen while we were away. "Scorpius, where is Harry?"

"With Lily, in the girl's room. She doesn't feel well." 

"Alright, I want you to go tell mom and then tell her where I am. Then I need you to find James and get all the kids together in one room. Understand me. Do not scare them." I was trying to sound calm. I didn't want anyone freaking out. We were leaving. 

"Alright, dad." He left, and I walked to find Harry.

"Harry," I made my voice forceful. We needed to talk, "it happened." 

He faced me, face paling. "How do you know, we are so far away, there have been papers since we were in California." 

"Blaise went to see Molly, he said everything we discussed, and she wrote Scorp. What I don't know is how long ago that was."

"You and I should go back; the kids will be safer here." Harry stood up; he was serious now. He had gotten to know Blaise as well, and he knew that he could trust him. Blaise would never want to create panic. "I will go talk to Ginny. They might have to change their plans. 2 adults and 7 children in a lot to handle." Harry sounded sad, I didn't want to leave either, but if there was really a breakout from Azkaban, we needed to stop it before something terrible happened.

Harry walked out of the room, and a second later, Hermione walked in worry written across her face. "Draco, Scorpius was gathering all of the children, he said something happened." 

"They escaped." It was all I could say. I knew she would try and go back as well, but I needed her to stay safe here. "Hermione, I know what you are thinking. The kids and you and Ginny will be safer here. Please." 

She scowled at me, "I will not leave my husband in a foreign country so he can go fight another war that is just as much mine as yours. Ginny will say the same. The kids will be safe at the manor where their fathers will see them at night to tell them they are safe." 

I knew I was going to lose this battle. The only way I was going to win is if Ginny agreed with Harry. They both walked in, and Ginny had the same scowl as Hermione was sporting.

"She won't listen, Draco." Harry broke the silence.

"Neither will Hermione. I suggest we find a boat to take us back. Airplanes are not safe if death eaters escaped." Hermione nodded at this observation. 

"I will go find tickets." She left.

"Draco, the kids will be fine at home. I am sure that is what Hermione said as well. We know the two of you care about us, but we have already been through a war, and 4 wands protecting our 7 kids will be a lot better than 2."

"Who could have escaped Harry? My aunt is dead, father dead, Pansy dead. The Notts, Goyle, and Crabbe. All dead or they were kissed. I don't understand." I was racking my brain for who could really be posing this much problem.

"It was low-level death eaters. I was hoping when we got back. You could tell me more about them than just what is in their files." 

Hermione walked back in with all 7 kids on her heels. They looked scared, "I told them that we were going home." She was promoting someone else to explain to them why. Ginny spoke first.

"You guys are not in trouble. There is just some critical work that we all have to do. Some bad men came back, and we need to make sure they don't hurt anyone like before." She spoke sweetly, and I was glad she worded it how she did.

Lyra looked at me. She knew that we were leaving out significant details. "Father," she sounded like her mother, "I want to help." Her tone left no room for discussion. I had other plans, though.

"Lyra, you can't help. These men are very powerful, and you can't use magic outside of Hogwarts, and you haven't even completed one year yet."

Her eyes didn't waver. They just grew darker grey. She was angry. "Father, I want to help. I will not have nasty people keep me from going to Hogwarts." 

"Lyra," I was looking at her with pleading eyes, "I understand, but we can take care of it. How about if you help James and Scorpius look after the younger children. They need someone to make sure they do not get hurt." I was hoping this would do. 

"Okay." she still sounded angry, and I was surprised she hadn't pressed the issue further.

The next morning we flew to Boston and boarded a boat. It would take 3 days to cross the Atlantic. 3 days until we had to fight again.

3 days later

We docked, and Harry and I disapparated to the Ministry right away. Hermione and the kids were going to be picked up by Arthur and Molly. It had been true, 25 low-level death eaters escaped, and they were trying to gain followers. One of which was Flint, the father of the boy that James had punched. Harry and I were hoping he used some magic. We figured he would be with his father, and because he was still in school and under 17, he would be traced. This would be a quick fix. It had already been 2 weeks since the escape.

Harry and I walked straight to the Auror office.

"Why was I not informed sooner!" he bellowed when he stepped into the department. Many younger Aurors looked at him and put their eyes down. Harry was angry. "I told you where I was going to be, why is it no one owled me. This is something that would have been important enough to interrupt my family vacation."

Kingsley walked out of an office, and Harry's features softened. "Harry, I told them not to. I didn't want to put your family in danger. How did you find out?"

"I was working on this before I left. Draco and I set up a way to know safely." His voice was lower now.

"Ahh, thinking ahead." Kingsley just shook his head and then looked at me. I wasn't an Auror, but I had helped Harry out a lot in the past with death eaters and strengthening their knowledge about people and how it worked.

"Sir," I young man looked at Harry. 

"Yes, Jeffery." 

"I have put all of the files on your desk and made copies for Mr. Malfoy. 20 of the prisoners are ones that he hasn't helped us with." 

"Thank you." Harry then looked at me, "Ready for a long night?" 

I nodded and followed him into his office to get started. I needed to focus, but all I could think about what Hermione and the kids. I hope they were safe.