Going to America CH 24

Hermione POV

Well, we are leaving today for our month-long trip to America. I have just replanned the entire itinerary for the fourth time. I want to see everything. I read so many books about everything that I want to see them for real. We are flying to Los Angeles, California, and spending 3 days at the beach there. Next, we are visiting the wizarding world in San Fransico and spending 3 days there. Next, we will take a port key to the Grand Canyon and spend 2 days there. After that, it is 3 different national parks before heading to Chicago. We are spending 3 days in Chicago and then seeing the wizarding world there as well. After that, we are going to Nashville and then New York City. We plan on spending a few days in muggle New York and Wizarding New York. Finally, we are going to the beach on the east coast as well. I am so excited to be going on this trip. 

Draco was at Blaise's for the 100th time this week, going over every detail about the company with him, so he can run it while he is gone. Cissy is even going to go back to work. I think she only agreed because it made Draco feel better. I heard the Potters arrive through the fireplace, and I walked into the living room to find everyone there with their luggage. I decided that we would have them take luggage on the plane and shrink it down, so we had much less to carry and keep track of once we got there. 

"Everyone ready to go?" I said loud enough for everyone to hear me.

"Yes, we are. I can't believe the three of your all got a month off of work." Ginny was smiling. The adults had agreed to keep one another's kids in each big city so that we could go out as couples. It had been so long since Draco and I had been on a date, and I am sure it was the same for Ginny and Harry. With kids to take care of, it becomes a lot harder.

"Alright then, as soon as Draco gets back, we can head to the airport," I said. No sooner had I ended my sentence, Draco walked out of the fireplace and up to me. 

"I guess that means we can go," Ginny said.

The 11 of us all took turns flooing to Diagon Alley. From there we would take multiple cabs to the airport. 

Once we had all arrived, we check our bags. The kids were mesmerized by how everything worked. I noticed that even though I had two muggle parents, we hardly ever went into the muggle world. 

"Mother, we are getting on one of those?" Lyra asked me.

"Yes, dear, we are." 

"How does it fly? Are there thestrals carrying it?" Scorpius asked a bit too loudly, and women gave us all confused looks.

"Scorpius, you have to be careful with your words." I scolded. "No, the air and the engines help it get off the ground. It is safe, don't worry." 

Draco took my hand. "You know, I am with Scorp on this one. How about we think of something else. There is no way that is getting off of the ground." Draco, my holding my hand tight.

"Draco, pull yourself together. I don't want the kids to be scared." Ginny was scolding him now. 

We waited, and soon we were all onboard the plane. We had two full rows of seats—all in first class. I had talked Draco into flying, but he wouldn't settle for anything less than the best. The twins were sitting with me. Across from us, Draco, Lyra, and Scorpius were all together. Directly behind me, Harry was sitting with his two boys, and behind Draco, Ginny and Lily were sitting together. We had bought the extra seat by them as well in case any of the kids wanted to move around. It was a very long flight, but I had somehow managed to find a direct flight. I was still happy about that. I didn't know how everyone was going to react. I was the only one who had ever flown on an airplane, and I didn't want them to have to get off one and not get one the next one. 

We finally started to move, and the twins each grabbed one of my hands. I looked at Draco, who was trying to be brave for the kids, but I could tell from his eyes he was not. I laughed and looked back at Harry, who had the same expression. The only other people who seemed to be fine with it were Lily and Ginny, who were somehow already asleep. 

"Boys, it is just like a giant broom. Just keep telling yourself that. This is actually much safer." I said. 

They all nodded at me, and we took off. Once we were in the air, I drifted off to sleep.