Chapter eighteen.

Chelsea P.O.V  

Its hard to believe that a few years ago my life was perfect. I had a loving family, a great education, and I actually had a plan for my life. Now I have none of that. I don't blame anyone anymore, I mean whats the use. 

Its like my life's a jigsaw and a few of the pieces have been stolen from me and now I have no way of putting it back together.

I lay my head against the window and stare out at the beautiful skyline, subconsciously placing my numb hands against my sweater clad stomach. I hadn't had time to think about my unborn child. Doctors suspect I was about four to five weeks along, i'm surprised at my lack of symptoms other than the fact that I suffer with terrible fatigue nothing else had shown itself yet.

My heart flutters at the thought of hearing my own child's heartbeat, holding its tiny hands in my own, rocking it to sleep. A feeling of euphoria overwhelms me, but it vanishes as  soon as it came because the thought of going through that without anyone by my side, broke my fragile little heart, the same heart I always used to be o proud of for being stoic.

The cab pulls up at the cafes entrance and I see Justin standing outside the front door, a smile etched onto his beautiful face, his hands in his jean pockets, he now wears a thick jersey accompanied by a scarf. He looks like a model from a winter wonderland commercial.

I step out  to greet him and before I could even say hello I am pulled into a hug, his friendliness quickly rubs off on me  and before long I am smiling and hugging back, we stay there for a quick while before both pulling back. I can see his eyes wandering over my face as if he didn't quite know what  to say, "You look beautiful" is what he finally decides upon, a rosy pink tint coats  his cheeks  whether from the cold or from his embarrassment is unclear.

"Thank you, I see you clean  up  quite well yourself" He gives me a sly side mile before extending his hand towards me.

"There's this really nice restaurant right up the road, I was thinking we could go to? They have some of the best desserts in the  whole of London" I nod and we continue walking, a comfortable silence enveloping us.

On the corner of the street I see a sign "Dominique Ansel Bakery" I smile at the beauty of it flowers decorate the walls around the doorway making it  seem as if i'm about to step inside something from a fairy tale.

We take a seat near the front since the view is breathtaking.

"So Chelsea tell me a bit about yourself" he says, first to initiate conversation. 

"Well, i'm not that interesting of a person, I'm Chelsea Riordan and im 20 years old, I grew up in America with my mom, dad  and 3 brothers, until about 3 years ago when my mom passed away from leukemia. I love reading, and I was actually studying literature in university back home, before.... never mind that. What about you?"

"Well my names Justin Lee Griffin, im 22 years old, Im an avid baker as well  as a motorbike junkie" I raise my eyebrow, giggling slightly. "Yes, I know the combination sounds weird but I can make a mean bread pudding as well a ride you around till your head all dizzy." He say with the same adorable smile on his face the whole time.

When the  waiter comes we both order coffees as well as cookie shots, something id never heard of before.

We continue small talk until it comes, he is first to take his he hold it between his big hands and takes a tiny sip,the glass made of cookie is so small it is almost comical in contrast to this large man. When a bit of milk spills above hi mouth, i grasp a napkin and lean over to slowly wipe it off, his eyes following my every movement as i slowly swipe the napkin over his lip before returning back to my seat.

He licks his lips before gracing me with yet another of his beautiful heart wrenching smiles.

"Thanks" he chuckles.

I smile in return, my eyes avoiding his gaze as i feel my cheeks slowly starting to heat up.

After paying. He once again offers me his hand and we walk out of the fairy tale and into a new chapter of my life.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there feathermonkeys.

Okay so I know you all probably hate me, but allow me to explain.

I have been in year 11 of school which as some of you know is extremely stressful. Atop of that I have had many triumphs and failures since the time I last updated this book.

 I feel as though the person I was when I first started this book an the person I am now are not even remotely related. And in a way I feel thats a good thing.

I had to let go of everything before I was able to grow.

Thats why you will notice a few changes such as the pace that the new chapter is set at, I want to take things  a bit slower with the characters and their relationships.

Thanks for the continuous support and for reaching over 50k reads.

I love you all, and im here for all of you guys if you ever need me. 

xxxxxxx

nas