Part 12 "Night with Miss Plastic"

Harry has been freezing out Leslie for a week now. It has been a routine for them to get the groceries every Friday, but Harry went straight back home while Leslie bought the groceries all by herself. 

Leslie was just so frustrated. She hasn't done anything wrong so why was she getting the silent treatment? She just had enough of this. Dumping the grocery bags on the kitchen table, she marched into Harry's office and swung open the door.

"I have to talk to you." Leslie said, opening the door just to find Harry lip locking with some women.

"Can't you see we are busy, hon?" The woman said, narrowing her eyes.

Leslie turned around without a word and slammed the door shut. What the fuck was that? While she was dragging her butt around doing the chores, he was oh so having fun with miss plastic? 

Leslie stormed outside of the apartment and called Lucas. She didn't have anyone to call other than her brother. 

"Hey! Lee, what's up?" Lucas picked up relatively sooner than she had expected.

"Nothing. I was just wondering you are willing to have dinner with me today." Leslie said. Harry could fend for himself for a few hours. After all, he had miss plastic to take care of his every need, didn't he? She wasn't going to sit there listening to whatever yuck fest they were doing in his office.

"Woah. You're free tonight? Hell yes. Grandma was boiling something and it didn't smell that good. Where will we meet?" Lucas asked.

"You know Filstons right? Meet me up there. Take the cab. I'll give you the money." Leslie said.

"Filstons? The Filstons?? Isn't there somewhere fancy? Do I have to wear a tux?" Lucas laughed. 

Leslie smiled. "A semi-formal would do. Just wear a white shirt with black pants. That will do."

Lucas laughed. "See you in a bit!"

Leslie sighed as she caught a cab and went to her destination. She just couldn't understand Harry. Why was he acting like such a jerk? If he wanted to get laid, the least he could do was to do it outside. He had money. Then why didn't he, I don't know, get a hotel room or something? Of Course, her being a bodyguard meant that she would have had to wait outside while he...Leslie shuddered. She seriously needed to distract herself from thinking about that yuck fest.

She paid the driver and got off the cab thanking him. The Filstons were a lot fancier than she had originally thought. She looked down at her outfit, trying to smooth out the wrinkles. She was wearing the suit she wore all the time. She fumbled with her sunglasses until she saw Lucas get off the cab.

"Lee!" Lucas said as he bounced over, clearly excited.

"Hey, you. God, you haven't eaten properly since I left you at grandma and grandpa's house!" Leslie said, tutting her tongue realizing that Lucas has lost his weight a bit.

"I'm fine. It's you that something is wrong. You didn't sound right on the phone." Lucas said, frowning. His sister had black circles under her eyes, and she looked tired as hell.

"It's nothing. Let's go inside. I already reserved a seat for us." Leslie said as she led her younger brother inside the restaurant. 

Soon they ordered their choice of food and was enjoying the night. Leslie smiled at her younger brother, feeling proud of him. She had basically raised him for the last 9 years, and she couldn't believe that Lucas would be a college student in a few months.

"So. Have you chosen which school you'll apply to?" Leslie asked as she took a bite.

"Yeah. I was thinking about Harvard, Yale, Stanford. They have awesome law schools which I can go in the future when I graduate university. I think It will be best if I, you know, get my bachelor's degree and my Ph.D. at the same school. " Lucas said.

Leslie beamed at him. He had really been giving it a thought. 

"Mom and Dad would have been proud of you." Leslie said, as Lucas smiled back.

"You think so?" Lucas said, doubtfully.

"Yeah. Of course." Leslie said, blinking back the tears. Whenever she thought of her parents, the fact that they missed Lucas grow up to be a man he has now become, made her heart tinged with sadness. 

"So. What happened today?" Lucas asked, shifting the topic from himself.

"You are not going to drop it, are you?" Leslie scowled playfully.

"Nope. If you don't tell me, I'm just going to annoy you more." Lucas laughed.

"It's really nothing. My boss is just freezing me off." Leslie sighed. 

"Wait...Who was your boss again? Was it that Italian guy?" Lucas said, frowning.

"No. He was my previous boss. You know who I'm working with now. I've told you this when I first got the job." Leslie said, teasing Lucas. She knew for a fact that Lucas has been sleep deprived when she told him the news.

"Why don't I remember?" Lucas frowned. He was usually pretty good with remembering stuff. Maybe his brain couldn't take in any more information. After all, he had been busy cramming for the midterm...

"Too bad. I'm not going to tell you again." Leslie said as she stood up to pay for both of them.