Part 21 "Phantom's Strike"

"You ready?" Harry asked, smiling.

"Yeah." Leslie said. It felt like a first date. She was nervous as hell and the fact that Harry looked like he had just stepped out from a movie set didn't help her calm her nerves.

"So. The Phantom of the opera. Why did you pick that out?" Harry asked as they both sat in the back seat of the car.

"It's just like Romeo and Juliet. The tragedy makes us keep on coming back even though we know what is going to happen in the end." Leslie answered.

"So I wager that you like the phantom more than Raoul?" Harry asked, chuckling.

Leslie blushed. "Is it that obvious? You have to admit that the phantom is more attractive. He writes plays, sings freaking amazing and is a genius architect!"

"Woah. You look like you would punch me in the face if I said I'm on Team Raoul." Harry said, holding up both of his hands.

"You know it." Leslie said, laughing as well.

"Oh. We're here." Harry said, quickly getting out and opening Leslie's side of the door. The driver smirked, seeing what Harry was doing.

"You didn't need to do that." Leslie said, blushing a little.

"Well, you are my date for the evening. I should make an effort to impress you." Harry said, smiling.

The both of them walked into the art center after telling the driver that they will call him later.

"Wow. No paparazzi at all." Leslie said, looking around.

"I know, right?" Harry said.

A few people seemed to recognize Harry, but did nothing but take a few pictures of him.

"You know what? I think tonight will be a blast." Harry said as he gave the tickets to the employee.

"I'll show you to your seats." The employee said, guiding them to the second floor.

"Woah. The seats are amazing." Harry said.

"Ugh. They suck don't they?" Leslie said, looking down.

"Hey. What are you talking about? This way, we can see the whole view of the stage." Harry said, grinning.

"I wanted to book the first row of the first floor, but the tickets sold out in a flash." Leslie said, pouting.

Harry had the urge to peck those adorable lips but refrained himself. 

"Ehem. The seats don't matter. All that matters is that I'm out on Wednesday evening, with my favorite employee and roommate, to see a musical." Harry said, smiling.

Leslie smiled a tiny smile and waited for the act to begin.

/

Leslie glanced at Harry, who was watching the musical intensely. 

She smiled seeing how Harry was enjoying it and stared around at the audience. Her eyes soon stopped on the opposite side. 

Wait...A red dot...Was that...

Leslie quickly grabbed Harry and jumped on the floor.

"What the-" Harry started to speak when a bullet hit the chair that Harry was sitting in just moments ago. People started screaming, and the puzzled actors stopped what they were doing.

"We have to go. Now." Leslie said as she covered Harry to the exit. People started to push each other, trying to get to the exit first. 

Leslie grabbed Harry's hand and started to lead him up and down the corridors. 

"This is not good." Leslie said, trying to think of a safe way to get them both out of there. 

"Jerry. You need to drive here as quickly as you can. Someone tried to shoot me." Harry said urgently.

"Come. We need to stay hidden till Jerry comes." Leslie said, dragging Harry to the information table at the entrance. They both knelt and hid under it.

"How did they fucking know where we were here? I thought Lilly in Jail, everything was over." Harry whispered.

"I really don't know what's happening. God..." Leslie whispered, pulling out her gun for safety.

"Here. You hold on to this one in case something happens." Leslie said, pulling out her second gun and handing it over to Harry.

"Leslie. Have you...been shot?" Harry said, checking her suit.

Leslie winced as Harry slightly pressed her arm. 

"It's nothing. All that is important is getting you out safely, alright?" Leslie said, lowering her voice.

Harry checked his phone. "Jerry is here."

"Good. Let's go. Quickly." Leslie said, guarding Harry's back as they ran to the entrance.

Police cars and ambulances were already arriving with their sirens blazing off, and the entrance was filled with the audiences all panicked.

"Get inside the car. We need to get out of here." Leslie said, quickly opening the door.

When they thought they made it, a couple of shots were heard from behind. 

"Duck!" Leslie said, pulling Harry's head down again.

"To the nearest emergency room, Jerry." Harry ordered as Jerry stepped on the excel.