Part 14 "Possibilities"

This time, It was Leslie who was freezing Harry out. Harry missed having Edward in the office. He would have been able to fix this icy mood in an instant. Mr.Evans, Edward, was doing okay. He was finally in a regular ward, and have been healing. Thanks to God, Even though he did have the full impact of the blow, the door managed to block the most of it. The kid had many scratches and wounds, but the nurse said it would heal okay and most of them wouldn't even give a scar. Harry relaxed as he heard that news. 

George, Harry's father was enraged. The police haven't been much help finding who the culprit was, and the fact that they managed to shoot Harry and place a bomb in his office didn't help to calm him down.

"You should just fire the lot. They are no help whatsoever!" George said exasperatedly.

"I know. They are supposed to be the best and just look at the useless reports they have been sending me." Harry said as he threw the papers in the trashcan.

"Ms.Jones. What do you think? Should we hire another private investigator?" George asked, sighing. George walked up to the nearest chair and slumped down.

"I can't really say, sir. We have to think of possible culprits first. If it is someone who is in the higher place of society, he or she could easily bribe the investigators. If it is someone low, who is seeking for simple revenge, It would be much easier to catch them." Leslie replied, her eyes fixed on George, ignoring Harry's stare.

"Okay. Let's think of all the possibilities of a threat that Harry has." George said. The three of them sat in silence as they thought of multiple people who could seek out revenge.

"This is going nowhere. There must be a hundred girls that Harry had dated and ended badly." George said, frowning.

"What? That's absurd." Harry said, thinking. There was Naomi, Kimberly... Holy shit. The list WAS endless.

"Well, why don't we list them first and scratch them out one by one?" Leslie said in a cold voice.

So there they were. Leafing through countless gossip magazines to find out Harry had dated who and when. It wasn't easy since Harry's girlfriend changed every month or two, I tell you.

"Harry, you should really just stick to one girl. These meaningless dates you've had are driving us crazy!" George said, yanking out his hair. 

"Okay. We're done here. I even alphabetized them." Harry said, handing the list to George.

"87? How in the world you managed to date 87 girls?" George exclaimed.

"Well, that is just the list of girls I have dated since I became the main news of the tabloids." Harry said. 

"Wow. That's Impressive." Leslie said, sarcasm leaking through every word.

"Okay. So, who do you think is capable of doing the actual crime?" George said, kind of glaring at his son. 

"Umm...Well, I guess Lilly Winters, Kate Davis, Valerie Fransen might be the possible candidates. Those ended pretty badly." Harry said, scratching his neck.

"How badly?" George said, now looking like he wanted to smack his son back in the head.

"Pretty bad? Lilly was cheating on me behind my back so I did the same...? She had been always bitter afterward. Kate Davis was the one who I cheated on, and she was pretty pissed that I only used her. She kind of threatened me about it. And lastly, Valerie...Well, she was kind of impulsive and obsessive. She became too much of a burden so I tried to break up with her which didn't go well. Coincidently, a rumor about her having an offspring became the news of the year, and she had always blamed me for it. But I swear I didn't even know about that." Harry said.

"My god, boy. This wouldn't have happened if you just stuck with one girl! I mean it's good to meet many people and find the one who really clicks with you but heaven's sake! This is whoring." George exclaimed.

"Hey! I wasn't whoring around." Harry said, looking grumpy.

"My god. I knew I should have stopped you but your mother insisted on leaving you to date freely, saying that you'll eventually meet the one. When? WHEN?!" George said, waving his hands around.

"Uh...Dad? Can we focus on the possible culprit other than my love life?" Harry said, rolling his eyes.

"Fine. But I swear to god if you keep up this act, I'll make you have an arranged marriage." George said, frustrated.

"Other than your lady friends, who has a grudge against you?" Leslie asked, looking stressed. Why did she have to be here staring at all Harry's ex-girlfriends' faces?

"Well...There's Finn..." Harry said as George gaped at him. 

"Finn wouldn't do such a thing to you!" George said.

"Um...Who's Finn?" Leslie asked, her eyebrows raised.

"My cousin. He has been obsessed with this company. He always acted like my parent's pet." Harry said, grimacing.

"He is your cousin! He wouldn't harm family." George said, firmly.

"Maybe you can't see it because you liked him best!" Harry said, angrily.

"What are you talking about?" George said as he scrunched up his eyebrows.

"Oh, you know what I'm talking about. You were always Finn this and Finn that." Harry muttered.

"Okay. It's kind of late and you should go rest, Mr.Sinne. We'll wrap this up soon. And don't worry. If you believe in Mr.Finn, I'll convince Harry that." Leslie said, ignoring Harry's angry glare.

George sighed. "Right. Just tell me if you have any progress."

Leslie smiled. "I will. Shall I escort you to your car?"

George smiled a tiny smile back. "That won't be necessary, Ms.Jones." 

"Take care of my boy." George whispered as he left shortly after.

"Are you seriously going to take Finn out of the suspect list?" Harry asked, his face still red.

"Of course not. If you think he is a possible suspect, why should we drop him?" Leslie said, waving him off.

"Wah? But you told my father..." Harry said. 

Leslie sighed. "Sometimes, we get clouded by feelings. Your dad must trust him a lot."

"You have no idea. Even when I was young, it was always Finn who my dad poured attention on." Harry said bitterly.

Leslie's icy expression slightly melted. "I'm sure he still cared about you even if he didn't show it much. Just think about it. After all, he gave you this company. Not Finn."

Harry sighed. "I guess. This is getting nowhere. I'll think of possible people and list them myself."

Leslie hesitated. "Hey. It's Friday. Shall we get groceries? We are kind of out of food."

Harry slightly brightened up. "I guess. I'll go grab my coat."

Leslie couldn't help but smile how Harry so easily brightened up at the mention of food. 

Harry half ran to the coat rack to get his coat. Leslie seemed to have forgiven him a little if she had suggested the shopping trip first. 

'Or maybe your refrigerator is really really out of food.' His thoughts killed his buzz in an instant.

"God, stop being such a buzz kill." Harry muttered to himself.

"Huh?" Leslie asked. Did he just call her a buzz kill? That was harsh.

"Uh...I thought I heard a buzz and yeah. Wanted to kill the noise?" Harry said, cold sweat coming down his neck.

"Hmm. I thought you called me a buzz kill. Never mind. Let's just go." Leslie said and turned her back on him.

'Shit. Just fucking up everytime you get, huh?' Harry thought, giving his mind an imaginary punch in the stomach.