Part 24 "Accident"

"So. Mr.Genius. How are we going out of this mess?" Leslie grouched. 

They were in the back of a big delivery truck, their hands and ankles tied by ropes. The car jolted roughly and they had to take the impact full on their bodies.

"They had guns, Leslie. They were going to shoot you right in the head if I didn't go out. What was I supposed to do?" Harry said, trying to compose himself, which was impossible with the truck moving and him being tied up.

"I had a gun too." Leslie said stubbornly. She knew that it would have been a lost fight though. There were just too many surrounding them. Even if she was able to kill the man, others would have killed them. 

"Let's just not do this right now. We still don't know who wants me and what he or she is capable of doing." Harry said.

Leslie shut her eyes. She couldn't die like this. She had Lucas to take care of. Her grandparents couldn't take care of him forever, and without her, Lucas wouldn't be able to afford to go to college.

"Hey. Don't you worry about it. Whoever it is, wants to kill me. Even if I don't make it, I'm going to make sure that you do." Harry said, trying to comfort her.

Leslie opened her eyes to find Harry just an inch above her. Her eyes widened as she realized how close Harry was. Just then the truck bumped, causing their lips to lock.

Harry's eyes widened as his lips met Leslie's. He had been dreaming of this, but not to happen like this in this situation. He tried to get off of her, but the truck bumped once more, causing them to peck once more.

Leslie started to blush crazy. She knew that it was an accident with Harry's eyes bugging just like hers, but she couldn't help but want more. 

Break out of it, Leslie. This is not the time!

But was it ever the time with Harry? Leslie shook her head. She needed to get some sense. A crazy ass dude was kidnapping them, threatening them with guns, trying to kill them. This was definitely not the time.

"I..uh..." Harry tried to speak. His tongue was tied and he didn't know what to say.

"Don't worry about it. It was just an accident." Leslie said.

"Leslie I-" Harry started to speak when Leslie smiled and shook her head.

"You don't have to try to explain it, Silly. I know it's because of the truck. Come on. We should at least try to escape rather than sit here waiting for death to come." Leslie said, now fumbling with the tight knot on her ankle.

"H..How did you.." Harry stuttered. He had been yanking on the ropes trying to get it to loose but had failed miserably. How did Leslie do it?

"It's nothing. When they tie you up, you need to put your hands in a certain way that it gives you some space when they are done. Those suckers just thought that they were giving no room, while actually, it gives enough space to make your hands free." Leslie said, now rope free.

She came up to Harry, helping him out of bondage. A few stressful minutes later, They were standing, trying to escape from the truck.

"Alright. So from what I can see from the gap, we are on a regular road, and thankfully there are no cars behind the truck. So we should be good. Thank god we are still in the countryside. We should make a quick run before they wonder why their trunk's door is open. Thank the lord that they didn't even lock it safely." Leslie said, slightly opening the door.

"Okay. You go first. The car is driving relatively fast, but it's now or never. Roll out of the car, and try to avoid breaking anything. Got it?" Leslie said, staring directly into Harry's eyes.

Harry nodded. It was now or never. He took a deep breath and flung himself out of the back of the truck. 

The road was so freaking hard. His breath was knocked out of him as he rolled on the street. He managed to get a grip on himself and run to the edge of the road. Leslie jumped out of the truck as well, but she was more graceful than Harry. She quickly composed herself, grabbed Harry's hand and ran.

"The driver is going to notice the open door soon enough." Leslie panted as she ran.

"What do we do now?" Harry asked, panting as well.

"There! We need to ask for help." Leslie said, waving her hand frantically to stop a batty old truck.

The truck stuttered to a stop, revealing a young girl staring at them confused.

"Can I help you two?" The girl asked, blowing her bangs out of her eyes.

"We need a ride. We've been kidnapped by some crazy ass bastards and we need to inform the police as quickly as possible." Leslie said desperately.

The girl's eyes widened. "Get in the back of the car, quickly."

The two of them quickly scrambled into the back of the truck, scooping low.

"They might have already noticed that we escaped." Leslie said as the truck started moving again.

"Don't you two worry. My dad is the head of the police. I'm calling him right now. It'll take about 5 minutes till we reach the police station. It will be safe for you guys there." The girl said as she fumbled with her Bluetooth earpiece.

"Thank you. You don't know how much you are helping us. What's your name?" Harry asked.

"It's Katy. And It's really nothing." Katy said, smiling as she stepped on the accel.