A New Friend.

Waking up alone makes me wonder if I imagined everything last night. A quick look over at the clock on the bedside table tells me it's nearly two o'clock in the afternoon and slowly I get up. I'm sore. More of me hurts than what it did before and yet a quick look before taking another shower doesn't show up any sign of injury. If she was so magical, why not take the pain away too?

Leaving my room a strange phenomenon has occured while I slept. Grocery bags sit on the bench while the smell of bacon fills the air. My kitchen is being used for actually cooking.

"Afternoon." Aiden greets, not turning around from his position at the stove. "I have to eat so I did some shopping. Hungry?"

"Ah, no. Cofee?" Looking at the bags, I take a peek inside. "Why does it look like you brought enough for I dunno, enough to feed my family for a week?"

"I eat a lot." He shrugs. "Coffee isn't food."

"It is for me and how long do you think you're staying for if this is all for you?" I take last night back. He can leave now.

"A couple of days."

While I let that process, I make myself a coffee and go and hide on my sofa. Kitty is nowhere to be seen and maybe a little bit of breakfast, brunch - more like afternoon tea would be nice.

"I need you to tell me what happened last night." He finally says, bringing the biggest looking sandwich I've ever seen with him as he sits opposite me. "How did you even end up in a park, alone, with a vampire?"

Like this, he just seems so normal. No bad moods. No blank looks. No aura of stay the fuck away. It's almost more unsettling than seeing him angry. He starts to eat, watching me intently as I tell him about Hannah's crap story tip off and then my bright idea to try and find out more information.

"So he is a cop?"

"No. A cop gave her his details." I clarify. "He said he does clean up?"

"I'm going to go question him later, at least i know as much as you do now." He sighs and keeps eating.

"Question him? You know who he is?"

"He's in a storage shed not far from here. Brianna has him contained until I'm ready." Of course she does.

"What happened last night that I don't know about? Did something happen to make everything really bright?"

"Brianna protects the pack and you fall under that whether you like or not. It's not just in the pack territory you're protected, and it's quite a lot for her to take on. Every night she has to recharge and reconnects with her sisters to keep her power up." Well that explains the meditation thing Gwen and I saw. "She is also the most gifted with teleportation. She can open portals into other dimensions, not just around this earth."

"I don't even want to know what that would mean."

"She came to me, brought us to you and as she distracted him with a nice little ball of sunlight, I took him down."

"You make it sound so simple. And normal."

"The human was coming and Brianna said we'd come back for you after securing the vampire. She didn't want to create a scene." Aiden finishes eating and returns to the kitchen, only coming back with more. "Eat."

"Thanks." I am glad to see the bulk of the food went to him and with my coffee finished, I'm happy to eat now.

"Only of course when we got back you'd vanished and Brianna forced me to wait for you here." Aiden huffed.

"Hannah was the human, my friend who set the whole thing up. She's working on a story about the murders that have been happening." I told him.

"Does she know anything about what the victims are?"