City of Angels

"What was she talking about?" I ask as soon as we're on the other side.

I don't think he hears me as the music is suddenly blasting from the over sized speakers near the stage in the corner. This place is smaller than the usual Charlies' I go to. It's a busy night, and all around creatures I hadn't even considered being real sit and drink, laugh and wrestle with one another. A few demon looking monsters stare at us as the portal shuts, a vampire bumps into me as she walks by, her fangs on display as she smiles to one of the horned creatures completely oblivious to me standing there. I hold Aiden's hand tighter, keeping close as he takes us up towards the bar.

It's then I'm already questioning the reasons why I wanted to come and for the first time I feel something that could only be pure, raw jealously as my hand is let go and the pretty little blonde thing he was moving toward throws herself into his arms. I tense. I can't stop myself as they hug. Big, bright grey eyes that are almost blue but not quite shine with happiness at seeing my mate. She holds him for a second too long; I notice his arms release her, but she stays put. I growl. The feeling of it vibrates through my whole body and I close my eyes, so angry I'm not sure if I want to punch something or cry. My fists clench, my nails cutting into my palms and opening my eyes I feel the same angry burn flood my system as when I attached David.

"Samara?" Aiden calls, and clearly not for the first time as the pair now stand in front of me. "You alright?"

Aiden's hands are on my shoulder, squeezing gently as I look up at him. I release a breath I hadn't known I was holding and feel myself calming down.

"Who is she?" I ask instantly, wondering if she was his reason for deciding to come.

"Who?" He frowns, before realization dawns on him. "No one important. Her name is Fiona, she's a friend of mine. She's going to get who I came to see."

"Charlie." I snap, not quite over those anger issues just yet. How many female friends does he have? Without being able to stop I think of how close he and Brianna are, the coven of female witches and-

"Not quite. I need to see someone else." Aiden tells me, and looking around the blonde is gone. "Come on."

He takes my hand once more, this time keeping his arm over my shoulders as he guides me closer to the bar. The trio currently sitting by the till look over at us, and whatever they see has two of them fleeing while the wolf dares to try and stare Aiden down. Since Aiden doesn't back off, the man stands tall, as tall as Aiden but it doesn't seem to bother him.

"Mind if we sit there, friend." Aiden doesn't really ask, more like tells him coldly.

"Yeah. I do." He growls. His nostrils flare as he looks us over.

"It wasn't a question." I feel him tense beside me, hear the subtle growl that rumbles in his chest and whatever this guy sees or senses, has him dipping his gaze then and leaving us. "I forget how much I dislike wolves."

"You and me both." I say, taking the bar stool he pulls out slightly for me.

We order a drink from what Aiden whispers to me is an actual Incubus, and when Fiona appears from out the back, she lights up once more at seeing Aiden sitting there only before she comes over she says something to her co-worker while taking over pouring our drinks.

"Oh, you really are jealous!" He teases now. "Have to admit, I kind of like you like this."

He pushes his nose against my jaw, moving down so he lightly kisses my neck. I lean into him, closing my eyes now as every touch he gives seems to send my nerves into overdrive.

"I'm not jealous." I manage to get out as I see her approach.

She puts the two glasses down in front of us, still grinning. "I can't believe you found your person! So happy for you guys. I'm Fiona by the way."