David.

I hadn't been able to have a look at him before. I never got to see his face from the photograph like Aiden had, and I missed it from when they went outside. He wasn't what I was expecting either. His pale skin still managed to have a tanned look about it. His smile was rather charming if not for the fangs demanding my attention and short brown hair was cut in a rather stylish way. Like everyone at the party he gave off the impression of wealth, and something else too. There was no denying he was attractive, but he wasn't to me.

"Have we met before?" His words matched my thoughts and we both went quiet, clearly thinking it over.

"No, we haven't." I decided.

David's head tilted slightly, dark brown eyes meeting mine. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Now if you'd just excuse me I'd like to go inside before I freeze out here." I take a step around him, but he stops me.

"What is your name?"

"I really have to go inside." Again I try to move, but he doesn't let my arm go and instead leans in close to my ear.

"Your name." He whispers it so it sounds more like a threat than a question, sending a fresh lot of goosebumps over my skin.

"Samara." I tell him, regretting it as I wondered if I should have given him a fake one.

I'm free and he steps back, letting me move. I'm almost tempted to lock the door behind me as I go in and turning around he's just standing there, with that puzzled look on his face before he vanishes. Shaking my head, I get my phone out and go to call Brianna as Aiden comes inside.

"Are you okay?" I think I might actually cry as I look him over and surprisingly he looks the exact same as he did when he left.

"I thought I told you to stay inside."

"Yeah well, too bad."

"What did he say to you?" Oh he saw that?

"He asked me for my name, that's all. Are you sure you're good? I saw him throw you and-"

"I'm fine. You should have stayed in here. I wonder why he wanted your name?"

"No idea. He seemed to think we met before." I shrug.

"What?" That really got Aiden's attention.

"It's nothing. I'm sure of it. I just have one of those faces." No one has ever said that before but I could do.

"We should never have been together, this was a mistake and now he'll disappear leaving us with nothing again." He growls.

"Wow, that's really fucking harsh Aiden. That wasn't a mistake, how can you be such an asshole when I know you are feeling exactly what I am!" I poke him hard in the chest as he narrows his eyes.

"We are a mistake. All I want to do is bite you, which in my experience doesn't end too well and how is your neck healing by the way?" He closed his eyes and took a deep breath as I instantly touched the sorest spot on my neck. "Stop testing me Sam. I can't trust myself to do the right thing around you and if he saw us together, he will think he can use you to get to me, he will do it and you're in more shit than I think you realise."

Then he walked away.

"You can't keep-" I started to go after him, determined to prove him wrong.

"I can because unless you want to add yourself to David's list, or to mine, you have to stay away from me. Now I need to go see if I can get a trail for him and find the asshole before he disappears completely."

End of conversation apparently as he didn't hold back with his speed as he left the room. A risky move but no one was paying us any attention. If anyone did notice, they'd probably just think they had drunk too much and were imagining it. Now there was no stopping the tears and rather than make a fool of myself I grabbed my things, avoiding Hannah as I went and grabbed the closest waiting cab to go home in.