Contact

Please watch the video first!!! It's important to the story!!!

Soundwave had seen the whole thing through the eyes of Laserbeak with their bond. McCree was one hell of a catch for Commander Reyes. To say they complimented each other was an understatement. It was like they were father and son with the way they got along.

Soundwave knew it was a match. Watching the both of them for a while was an advantage. He wish he could physically be there to help, but this would do. It was very comical how McCree rubbed the bet between both commanders in Morrison's face.

Laserbeak wanted to make contact with McCree. She thought it would be nice to have communication with someone on the outside of the Shadowzone. Soundwave saw that she longed for some other contact other than him. So he agreed, but when Reyes was present.

Right now, Soundwave was studying the current head of the Shimada clan, Hanzo, and his younger brother, Genji. It was very in tense between the two. While the elders were pressuring Hanzo to deal with his brother, Genji wanted nothing to do with the clan.

Soundwave was concerned for the safety of Genji and the influence the elders had on Hanzo. Much of it was due to how his twin cassettes were offlined. Fellow Decepticons had hacked Rumble to attack his twin, Frenzy for fun. In short, both of their lives ended that very day.

Soundwave thought it was best to contact Genji, but he knew he would be ignored. So he decided that Laserbeak should contact him. Not only will she get someone to talk to, but she could make a friend who was similar to her siblings. Soundwave watched as she started.

[Hi there! You must be Genji, I'm Beak. How are you?] Laserbeak texted.

"What the- ... I don't know anyone by this number or name," Genji said.

[I'm sorry, but do I know you? Did we meet at a club or something?] Genji replied.

[No, we never met. But I wanted to have a friend, so I chose a number and it happened to be yours.]

[Is Beak really your name? Are you a girl?] Genji asked.

[Beak is my nickname. And yes, I'm a girl. It's a pleasure to talk to you.]

[Oh, cool! My nickname is Sparrow. So, why did you want a random friend? There's usually a reason someone would look for a complete stranger to talk to. What's wrong?]

[I'm all alone with my father. I have no one to talk to because I'm mute. I just really want to talk to someone else. I've lost too much in my life as it is. I wanted to connect to someone outside of my fathers reach. To someone who can't judge me.]

Soundwave was surprised by this. This wasn't an act, it was her honest feelings. Laserbeak actually wanted to tell Genji her story to not only let him trust her, but have a real connection with the young Shimada. To let go of all she held, even from her sire.

[Hey, that's cool. I'm not going to judge you. You can tell me anything. It seems like there's a lot you need to talk about.]

[I have lost three of my siblings, including twin brothers to a war my father was in. My father and I lost our voices to that very war. We are now forced into hiding and it feels like prison. If we make contact with the outside world, we'll be in danger.]

[Man, sounds rough. But why get involved in a war your father was in? I mean, it's not really a place for you to get involved. Why fight a battle that's not yours?]

[Because, Genji, this was my father. He loved and cared for us without condition. We didn't want to lose him. He tried to hide us away, but we ended up joining the war.]