The Downfall

As instructed, Hanzo took Soundwave's advice. He got up bright and early in the morning, got Genji, and took him out of their house to spend time in the Hanamura. They went to the shops, arcade, and lastly Rikimaru's.

Those in town were introduced to the Head of the Shimada clan, by Genji. Many were surprised how Hanzo was to them. They expected a cold hearted, emotionless, and greedy person who felt entitled to everything around him, but they forgot a simple fact. They knew this man since he was little. They forgotten that Hanzo was a caring, compassionate, and friendly person.

Some were surprised how Hanzo and Genji acted, as they bickered or joked over different things. Seeing Hanzo laugh and smile around Genji made everyone relax. The brothers actually forgot all their troubles as they went through town. That was until sunset at Rikimaru's, when reality came crashing down on Hanzo.

As Genji ate, Hanzo became morbid and lost his appetite. His doubts and fears started to plage his mind. He couldn't imagine a reality without his younger brother ever since Genji had made an effort to help with the family business, keeping everyone in line with his kindness.

Genji was going to take another bit of his ramen, until he glanced at Hanzo. He lowered his chopstick with noodles back into the bowl. Hanzo was showing fear, and publicly no less. Hanzo never showed fear in public. He only started expressing himself to Genji just recently.

"Hanzo?" Genji called. He saw Hanzo jump in surprise, and grew even more concerned. "Are you okay?"

Hanzo just nodded, as he didn't trust his voice at the moment. He had to force his face to be stoic as he continued to eat his ramen. He tried to think of something else, but he couldn't.

Genji saw his brother force himself to eat, so he grabbed Hanzo and dragged him off to the restroom. Once they entered, Genji made sure no one was in and locked the door. He turned to confront his brother, but found Hanzo was on the floor as tears flowed from his eyes.

"Hanzo," Genji called softly. "What's wrong?"

Hanzo couldn't answer him. His fear was consuming him in that moment. The weight of his future sin was crushing his nobel spirit. Pain started to bloom in his chest, and he released a heart wrenching sob. The thought of his kind little brother dying at his hands killed him inside.

Genji rushed over to Hanzo's side on the floor, and held him close, while rubbing his back just like Hanzo did for him when he was little. Genji could only give Hanzo physical comfort as dread filled him. Whenever Hanzo got like this, it had to do with him and the elders.

They stayed like that for an hour, while Soundwave watched. It hurt seeing the brothers like that. If he had Laserbeak watch them, she would've broken down with memories of her twin brothers in the past. She wouldn't be able to work effectively if that happened.

It didn't change the fact Laserbeak could feel his emotions through their spark bond, but this couldn't be helped. They were sentient beings. They couldn't help their emotions. Even more so, when they only had each other to comfort one another.

Soundwave saw that they had only two hours until Genji's supposed death, so he messaged Hanzo. The brothers heard Hanzo's phone go off. Hanzo went to get it, but Genji stopped him and shook his head.

"If it's the elder ..., " Genji started.

"And if it isn't?" Hanzo countered.

Genji reluctantly let go, so Hanzo could get his phone. When Hanzo checked who the message was from, he quickly opened it, only to read he had two hours left. Hanzo felt a ping of pain, but knew it was time to move. So, Hanzo moved from the floor to leave the bathroom.