Before the Storm

It has been a month since Soundwave and Laserbeak have been watching over the Shimada brothers and the Blackwatch agents. When Reyes and McCree landed, Morrison wasn't happy that they left Blackwatch unsupervised. They were under strict orders not engage the Shimada clan, unless they have actual proof of their illegal actions.

Soundwave was outraged. The Shimada clan was always discreet. By the time they found something on the clan, Genji would be disposed of by Hanzo. Day after day, the elders were getting closer and closer to finding Genji. They wanted him dead despite making things easier for them.

Hanzo and Genji have been messaging Soundwave and Laserbeak. Hanzo confiding with Soundwave about his fears and that he actually had to kill his brother under supervision of the elders' watch dogs. Genji confessing how the elders had too much power over Hanzo to Laserbeak.

The brothers feared for each other. Soundwave tried to think of a plan, but nothing came to mind. They couldn't have Reyes or McCree interfere, or they'd be compromised. The brothers couldn't run away. This was their home and they couldn't leave each other.

It was late at night when Hanzo massaged Soundwave. Soundwave was watching over Genji and McCree having dinner. Laserbeak had arranged a meeting between the two. Genji introduced himself  to McCree and said that he was a friend of hers, and they both became friends quickly.

Reyes was also notified about Genji's status and had to ask Soundwave for confirmation. Soundwave confirmed and told Reyes about the current situation about the brothers. McCee didn't know yet. Reyes was also concerned and tried harder to find evidence on the clan.

Soundwave looked at the message he received from Hanzo and froze.

[Soundwave, the elders found my brother hanging out with McCree today. They have given me orders to kill him. I have until tomorrow night, before they take him!]

Soundwave wasn't surprised that the elders found out about Genji's activities. He just couldn't find a way out for the boys. This was like losing Rumble and Frenzy all over again. Soundwave's distress was felt over his bond with Laserbeak, and she began to worry.

[It seems that you have no choice, but to attack him to a point close to death. There is a way to save his life. What you must do tonight, is make sure the innocent side of your family gets out now. I suggest you spend all day with your brother tomorrow, but save an hour to prepare yourself.]

[So, there's no avoiding this. I'm going to cut down my own brother? Do you think he'll ever forgive me for my actions?]

[I assure you, Genji won't have to forgive you. He will know that it isn't your fault. That hour you prepare, I will have my daughter talk to him.]

[Your daughter?]

[I believe Genji has told you about her. Her name is Beak.]

[Oh, I see. Thank you, Wave. For helping and hopefully saving Genji's life.]

[You have a long day ahead of you, Hanzo. Be mentally prepare, because if you don't nearly kill your brother before the observers, Genji will not survive. All will go well.]

[Alright, I will, Wave.]

[Rest now, Hanzo. All will be as it should.]

Soundwave looks in the direction of Laserbeak's friends, and sighed. A lot will change tomorrow for everyone. Hopefully, Genji and Hanzo make it out if this. Soundwave then informs Laserbeak of the situation and tells her to prepare Genji tomorrow.

Soundwave left the two, just as Laserbeak got there to watch over them. Soundwave took a few more step and he was somewhere else. Funny thing about his bridging ability, was that he didn't need to calculate coordinates and Laserbeak could do this as well.